Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bonding, Debt and Taxes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/19 22:32
Group:
Banned
Leave poor Fletch alone. He stuck his neck out now you want to knock if off. You Fulop people are pretty ugly.

You are a genius with you BS detective work. NOT.

You got a job with the city too. Right. Your handle started posting on election day. You are one those other flamers that posted through the election and got a job too. Go to hell and get lost before you get benefits. Hope Fulop gets at least a little wise and sobers up from his election elation and cans you.

Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
wtf??

Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Why are you posting under a fake name, Fletch?

Fletch's last post under his old name, FGJCNJ1970, was on September 5.

"John1952", supposedly a man named John Dewey, started posting on September 9. Public records show there is no John Dewey living in Jersey City.

Fletch and "John" have the exact same posting style. Double spaced, wordy, high cadence. Exact same agenda, exact same rhetorical style of accusations framed as thinly veiled questions.

Note this post by Fletch. Compare to this post by "John". Feel free to trawl through the posting histories of both user accounts to get the full picture, if you have the time and stomach to do so.

Posted on: 2013/9/12 2:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Yes it passed. You sound nice enough, but do you own property that pays non abated taxes. If not you are lucky.

Since when do bike lanes cost a million bucks. Please give me a bucket of paint. I don't pad bids.

Quote:

arcy wrote:
What was the outcome of this? Did the ordinance pass? Thanks

Posted on: 2013/9/12 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke before the city council because at the last budget hearing the public paid $59 million in debt service. I suggested the council used this money towards the debt. But the council voted for this. The reason is, "to make the city safter." Honestly, the reason the city is unsafe for bikers and pedestrians is the "right on red law." People do not stop their cars at intersections.

Posted on: 2013/9/12 1:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
What was the outcome of this? Did the ordinance pass? Thanks

Posted on: 2013/9/12 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I asked that question from Jack Kelly before he departed from city government. He said the has approximately $600 million debt and that does not include autonomous agencies.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
wtf??

Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:

Fletch's last post under his old name, FGJCNJ1970, was on September 5.

"John1952", supposedly a man named John Dewey, started posting on September 9. Public records show there is no John Dewey living in Jersey City.

Fletch and "John" have the exact same posting style. Double spaced, wordy, high cadence. Exact same agenda, exact same rhetorical style of accusations framed as thinly veiled questions.

Note this post by Fletch. Compare to this post by "John". Feel free to trawl through the posting histories of both user accounts to get the full picture, if you have the time and stomach to do so.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 16:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Thank you and thanks for fixing/the correct link.

Quote:

luvHomeMyJC wrote:
My 2 cents ... payoff the debt since we are paying interest on the debt. But then again I am no Financial Expert just a property owner with an increased tax bill.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 15:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/27 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
From the Audited Financial Statements for 2012 the money was left over from the quoted Bond Ordinance(s) were all appropriated to the DEPT OF PUBLIC WORKS.

Bond Ordinance No. 06-106
Bond Ordinance No. 07-162
Bond Ordinance No. 08-148
Bond Ordinance No. 12-042

Interesting reading ... see you all tonight at city hall.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 15:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My 2 cents ... payoff the debt since we are paying interest on the debt. But then again I am no Financial Expert just a property owner with an increased tax bill.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 15:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quoting from the attached correspondence by Donna Mauer, CFO to the Council:

"The City has completed various capital projects that were previously funded through bond ordinances. There are balances left in these capital accounts that the City may now reappropriate to other projects as per the Local Bond Law.

In lieu of issuing new debt, this ordinance will allow the City to reappropriate these funds to be used for the Bicycle Infrastructure Master Plan. This plan includes, but is not limited to, the
installation of citywide speed humps, signage, striped bike lanes and acquisition of various equipment.

---

Not sure if this is the Jersey City Master Plan that is being referred in Donna's correspondence to the City Council.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 14:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you John1952 for bringing this out but I think these are the links:

Today's agenda in City Hall where you are looking at Page 4:
SECOND READING
e. Ordinance re-appropriating $1,009,628.89 proceeds of obligations not needed for their original purposes in order to provide for various Capital Improvements in and by the City ofJersey City, in the County ofHudson, New Jersey.
Ord. 13.091

Jersey City Council Agenda - 9/11

To read the actual contents of the Ordinance 13.091 you need to look at Pages 29 - 31

Jersey City Council 2nd Reading - 9/11

--

Should this pass they will be re-appropriating the monies for the following:

(i) the installation of speed humps throughout the City for purposes of traffic calming, including milling portions of pavement and placing asphalt at specified designs to form said speed humps and signage installation,

(ii) the implementation of a bicycle infrastructure plan comprised of the installation of striped bike lanes and sharrows throughout the City, including markings and signage installation and acquisition of various equipment, including but not limited to, bicycle racks and related equipment; and

(iii)`City-wide general traffic striping and pavement markings installation;

(iv) traffic calming measures.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
wtf??

Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/9/11 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/9/11 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
What is the current debt load? I remember reading that its close to 3/4 of a billion bucks, but I can't find the reference at the moment.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 14:24

Bonding, Debt and Taxes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I am going to post my comments about a bond ordinance up for vote tonight here since it got lumped in with bike lanes and crosswalks on this board.

We should be talking about the city debt. Fulop people talked about the structural deficit but then instead of fixing it they keep spending.

The more we borrow, the more we have to pay for debt and my taxes keep going up. At some point I am forced out of my home.

There was a person on the other thread that said that "Gull Cove / Liberty Harbor" met and want those things, but those people are in tax abatement buildings, they do not care what the cost is because they will not bear the burden of tax increases. I voted for Fulop and the whole team to stop increasing taxes and cut spending. They are not doing that.

Here is what I posted on the other thread. I am not a troll or anything, I am a man being crushed by continuing tax increases. I am real and the taxes increases are real.

This article and the writer misrepresents the bonding and its purpose. They are re-appropriating $1 million in unspent bond monies not needed for its original purpose instead of paying down the bonds.

Jersey City is up to it eye balls in debt and this money should be returned to pay it down and not treated like fee money. Paying down debt will provide tax relief for us suckers not in tax abated buildings.

Do traffic stripping and bike lanes cost a $1 million? No way no how. You are being snowed again.

The bond money is a back door way to pay for Councilwoman Osborne's speed bumps instead of paying back the debt. It says so in the ordinance.

Its all here - http://cityofjerseycity.com/uploadedF ... Reading/Agenda%20Document(13).pdf

This is a fact and an ordinance on the agenda.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 13:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017