Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: All the graffiti around town recently
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I think the cops are assigned to grab graffiti artists.

Posted on: 2014/6/3 22:46

Re: Graffiti?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I went to North Hudson: Union City, North Bergen, West New York and it dawn on me I didn't see graffiti on buildings. What are these towns doing that Jersey City is not? Graffiti is growing like a cancer on JC properties.

Not as much gang activity I think in those towns.

Posted on: 2014/6/3 22:29

Graffiti?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I went to North Hudson: Union City, North Bergen, West New York and it dawn on me I didn't see graffiti on buildings. What are these towns doing that Jersey City is not? Graffiti is growing like a cancer on JC properties.

Posted on: 2014/6/3 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/4/3 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah it is panties, http://www.jciaonline.org/graffiti.php

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

njpd wrote:
[quote]
mwa7368 wrote:
Please share your talents with us, I'd love to see what your vision is all about. What neighborhood do you like to be an artist in? Is that also where you live? What name do you go by? I love to appreciate new urban artists.

[quote]

my talents? urban artists? misunderstood much? i take photos here an there, if its cool, if you would consider that a talent then great.. my only concern on a daily basis is my safety, whether I'm driving dodging manholes , or getting to my front door safely at night from my car, I'm not worried about graffiti , more worried about guns in the hands of wrong people. who cares if teenagers or '31' year olds go tag a building when the city provides free removal, carry on with your life, quit complaining. i actually work for the government , and i don't care.

the city removal aint free, bra.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Michael Dempsey/The Jersey Journal

An artist formerly involved with Jersey City?s mural program was arrested for illegal graffiti last week, officials said.

Gary Wynans, 30, of Bayonne, was arrested by Jersey City Police at 6:47 p.m. on March 25 at the intersection of Oxford and Bergen avenues, according to reports.

Wynans, who signs his graffiti using the name ?Abillity? or ?ill,? admitted to littering city walls with inspirational sayings and was charged with criminal mischief, police said.

One such quote is located on the ramp leading from Secaucus Road to Tonnelle Avenue, which reads, ?be the change you want to see in the world. Ghandi,? reports said.

Wynans said that much of the graffiti he has done around the city was not tagged with his signature, according to reports.

When Wynans was arrested, police found him with ?numerous spray can nozzles and a marker,? which he admitted to using to do graffiti, according to reports.

Wynans is one of the many artists who participated as a volunteer in the citywide mural project, which commissions artists to create murals on the sides of buildings and other public spaces.

?Mr. Wynans was one of several volunteers who designed artwork for utility boxes in the city. He was not paid for his work, nor did his work involve interaction with the public,? said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

?In the last several weeks, police have arrested six individuals on graffiti-related charges, including Mr. Wynans, and continue to patrol areas where graffiti complaints have been made,? Morrill added.

Officials said at the time of the mural project?s inception that it would deter graffiti on city streets.

Wynans was also one of the many artists to showcase his work at the Union City comic book art festival in February 2013.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Let us not recognize them as gangs or artists, but just some vagrants with nothing better to do. In addition, if they are under age, they should be psychologically evaluated, and either be put into a facility for special needs or a segregated school so they do not mentally or physically harm other people in their surroundings. I guess due to the lack of guidance their lives are at a whim.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 15:22
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
The "ATA" tag represents the name of a NJ street gang. If they're tagging buildings they're marking territory or sending a message to the rival gang in that part of town - could be about turf, a "beef" with a disrespected rival member, drug sale territory, etc. It's meant to send a message to antagonize or threaten.

Every gang expert will tell you if a city leaves gang graffiti up, a gang problem will continue to escalate.
Do you know for a fact that is a gang name? ATA is more likely the name of their tagging crew. Its common for taggers to be in crews. These guys arent even from the area which makes it even more likely to be a tagging crew. I doubt an unknown gang is trying to start a war 2 counties away in a area that has no clue what ATA stands for. Most NJ gangs are more nationally known gangs.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Quote:

tern wrote:
A 31 year old spraying graffiti; not 15, but 31!

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njpd wrote:
[quote]
mwa7368 wrote:
Please share your talents with us, I'd love to see what your vision is all about. What neighborhood do you like to be an artist in? Is that also where you live? What name do you go by? I love to appreciate new urban artists.

[quote]

my talents? urban artists? misunderstood much? i take photos here an there, if its cool, if you would consider that a talent then great.. my only concern on a daily basis is my safety, whether I'm driving dodging manholes , or getting to my front door safely at night from my car, I'm not worried about graffiti , more worried about guns in the hands of wrong people. who cares if teenagers or '31' year olds go tag a building when the city provides free removal, carry on with your life, quit complaining. i actually work for the government , and i don't care.

the city removal aint free, bra.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njpd wrote:
perfect sense, ill dm it to you, are you any good, hope its not any ATA garbage

so you're cool with my displaying my art on your property? after all, it's art!

Posted on: 2014/3/27 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
The "ATA" tag represents the name of a NJ street gang. If they're tagging buildings they're marking territory or sending a message to the rival gang in that part of town - could be about turf, a "beef" with a disrespected rival member, drug sale territory, etc. It's meant to send a message to antagonize or threaten.

Every gang expert will tell you if a city leaves gang graffiti up, a gang problem will continue to escalate.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 15:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/5 8:38
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
mwa7368 wrote:

[quote]

Posted on: 2014/3/27 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
A 31 year old spraying graffiti; not 15, but 31!

Robin.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 6:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

njpd wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
This morning on the way to work I saw a guy stopping to take photos of the graffiti/tags on Newark Ave, around the entrances to buildings or apartments. He looked like a normal dude on his way to work, someone here on the board maybe?

guilty, well it could have been me , i enjoy it, ii take photos here and there , i think its cool, yes its illegal, disturbing to some but, I've learned to live with it, if these kids are taking their time out to paint rather than mug me then I'm fine with it, some are actually really great artists, I've heard of Kaws who has made a well living off of starting out by doing graffiti, its a different art form, admire it people, decipher it? you only live once, understand why, ..instead of being upset about it all the time, hell, pick up a can, and leave a message behind , 20 or more years later, you might still be talked about on a daily basis.. wouldn't you like to be remembered

Posted on: 2014/3/27 5:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So glad to see these morons resisted arrest, smart choice by enlightened artists.

Quote:

Posted on: 2014/3/27 5:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

njpd wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
This morning on the way to work I saw a guy stopping to take photos of the graffiti/tags on Newark Ave, around the entrances to buildings or apartments. He looked like a normal dude on his way to work, someone here on the board maybe?

guilty, well it could have been me , i enjoy it, ii take photos here and there , i think its cool, yes its illegal, disturbing to some but, I've learned to live with it, if these kids are taking their time out to paint rather than mug me then I'm fine with it, some are actually really great artists, I've heard of Kaws who has made a well living off of starting out by doing graffiti, its a different art form, admire it people, decipher it? you only live once, understand why, ..instead of being upset about it all the time, hell, pick up a can, and leave a message behind , 20 or more years later, you might still be talked about on a daily basis.. wouldn't you like to be remembered

art is great and all so.. why don't you send me your address and i'll show you how great my art is?

make sense yet?

why not post it here so we could all see how good you are.. or are not!

Posted on: 2014/3/27 2:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
perfect sense, ill dm it to you, are you any good, hope its not any ATA garbage

Posted on: 2014/3/27 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/27 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/26 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njpd wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

art is great and all so.. why don't you send me your address and i'll show you how great my art is?

make sense yet?

Posted on: 2014/3/26 21:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/26 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/26 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
I have noticed one positive form of graffiti though I'd argue it's actually street art.

A building on the corner of Coles and Columbus has been abandoned for decades. It's on the list of properties the city is planning to seize. Someone tagged something lewd on there a few weeks ago. About a week ago I noticed that someone had put up what looks like a wheat paste drawing, that is a figure heavily inspired by "the thinker" but sitting on an oil drum. They completely covered the lewd graffitti.

Whoever you are who did this - thank you! If I'm going to have to stare at a dilapidated building, I'd rather it become a piece of art than a regular piece of sh*t.

There's another wheatpast on the Coles side of the building and a new slogan that I just noticed yesterday. I thin it said "Love > Gold"

Posted on: 2014/3/18 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
This thread reminded me of this incident decades back. A lot of Americans were up in arms over the punishment. All I could think of was I wished we had the same tough enforcement as they did.

In 1993, The Straits Times, Singapore's national newspaper, reported that car vandalism in Singapore was on the rise. Cars within the HDB apartments?in which 85% of the local population lives?were being damaged with hot tar, paint remover, red spray paint, and hatchets. Taxi drivers complained that their tires were slashed. In the city center and the condos, cars were found with deep scratches and dents. One man complained that he had to refinish his car six times in six months. Even a local judge found a line of red paint sprayed through the official seal on his car.[citation needed]

The police eventually arrested a 16-year-old suspect, Andy Shiu Chi Ho from Hong Kong. He was not caught vandalizing cars, but was charged with driving his father's car without a license. After questioning Shiu, the police questioned several expatriate students from the Singapore American School, including Fay, and charged them with more than fifty counts of vandalism.[2] Fay pleaded guilty to vandalizing the cars in addition to stealing road signs. He later maintained that he was advised that such a plea would preclude caning and that his confession was false, that he never vandalized any cars, and that the only crime he committed was stealing signs.[3][4]

Under the 1966 Vandalism Act, originally passed to curb the spread of political graffiti and which specifically penalized vandalism of government property,[5] Fay was sentenced on March 3, 1994 to four months in jail, a fine of 3,500 Singapore dollars (US$2,214 or ?1,514 at the time), and six strokes of the cane.[6] Shiu, who pleaded not guilty, was sentenced to eight months in prison and 12 strokes of the cane.[7]

Posted on: 2014/3/18 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Terrorist act? Without a doubt, you have jumped the shark. And, booby traps!? Do you actually know, or understand, what a booby trap really is?? Are you advocating that we kill, maim, or otherwise injure, a person illegally tagging a building? I get the frustration, but let's maintain some perspective and be reasonable.

Terrorist yes because I do not know their intent or able to decphier their secret code. So then, you only see murder, maiming, and injuries with booby traps sounds to me you have hidden tricks up your sleeve. Maybe a simple net to apprehend them during their antics would better suffice.

You can't just destroy someone else's property or alter it without the owner's permission. Catch them, jail them. It amazes me the freedom they have to do this continually. I'm frightened to think what their next move is.

Are you actually a cartoon villain? It would explain a lot of things.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 12:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
This is how you spell Paranoia. Mr. Heights, methinks you need professional help.

Quote:

Terrorist yes because I do not know their intent or able to decphier their secret code.

I take graffiti very seriously especially where destruction of property is concerned. Ever try to stop one of them, the artists are quick to "defend" themselves.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 11:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is how you spell Paranoia. Mr. Heights, methinks you need professional help.

Quote:

Terrorist yes because I do not know their intent or able to decphier their secret code.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the link to have the JCIA remove graffiti or paint your private property upon request. It's free they will clean it for you. I feel like nobody really knows about this.

http://www.jciaonline.org/graffiti.php

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I would like to start a public shaming blog/website for owners that don't remove or contact the city to remove the graffiti.

so, my place just got tagged last night. does the city actually have a removal service? the online help center only lists removal for public buildings.

http://mygovhelp.com/JERSEYCITYNJ/_cs ... CEALNAAHTZCJZRGNEJMPWUHMR

Posted on: 2014/3/18 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Terrorist act? Without a doubt, you have jumped the shark. And, booby traps!? Do you actually know, or understand, what a booby trap really is?? Are you advocating that we kill, maim, or otherwise injure, a person illegally tagging a building? I get the frustration, but let's maintain some perspective and be reasonable.

Terrorist yes because I do not know their intent or able to decphier their secret code. So then, you only see murder, maiming, and injuries with booby traps sounds to me you have hidden tricks up your sleeve. Maybe a simple net to apprehend them during their antics would better suffice. You can't just destroy someone else's property or alter it without the owner's permission. Catch them, jail them. It amazes me the freedom they have to do this continually. I'm frightened to think what their next move is.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 16:49

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017