Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City's Maldonado sworn in as freeholder by Mayor Fulop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting how Rivera's resignation was effective July 1, even though he actually left the area a month earlier. What benefits did that extra month give him?

Posted on: 2013/8/7 12:07

Re: Jersey City's Maldonado sworn in as freeholder by Mayor Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I've always seen Maldonado as a 'FREELOADER' then a freeholder!

Posted on: 2013/8/7 3:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City's Maldonado sworn in as freeholder by Mayor Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City's Maldonado sworn in as freeholder by Mayor Fulop

By Agustin C. Torres/The Jersey Journal
August 06, 2013 at 7:09 PM

After being sworn in by Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, the newest member of the Hudson County Freeholders, Junior Maldonado, said he opened the door for Fulop?s political career drawing laughs from the standing room only crowd in the freeholders? chamber yesterday afternoon.

?Glen Cunningham introduced Steve Fulop to politics but Junior Maldonado gave him his start,? said the new freeholder, who in 2005 lost his Downtown Jersey City council seat to Fulop. The reference to the late Mayor Cunningham was when Fulop challenged and lost to U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez in the 2004 Democratic primary.

This year, Maldonado, former deputy executive director of the Hudson County Improvement Authority, helped Fulop win the Hispanic vote in the municipal election. The 57-year-old city resident of Puerto Rican descent was voted into office by local Democratic Party committee members to replace 4th District Freeholder Eliu Rivera who resigned, effectively July 1, even though he departed for retirement to Puerto Rico a month earlier.

A special election for the freeholder seat will be held in November.

Maldonado said he looks forward to working with Fulop to make Jersey City one of the best ?mid-sized cities in the country.? In acknowledging his new post he added, ?And in the same terms, I look forward to working with the county executive in making Hudson County one of the best counties in the country.?

Besides County Executive Tom DeGise, among th personalities in the packed room were 33rd District Assemblyman Sean Connors, Hoboken Housing Authority Executive Director Carmelo Garcia, Jersey City Councilman Daniel Rivera, and Carlos Medina, head of the Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

A group of Maldonado?s childhood Downtown buddies were among friends and family who witnessed the swearing in. They were all of the same mind as Carlos Hernandez, who said: ?He?s an honest, good guy with a beautiful family and we?re proud of him and expect good things from his work here.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... r_fulop.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/8/7 0:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017