Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City council set to approve 8 percent tax hike
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
Quote:

Here are some idea?s:

SUE HEALY FOR MISMANAGEMENT!
HEALY LIED OUR WALLETS CRY!
HEALY SUCKS!

Here are some BETTER ideas.

Instead of "passing the buck" and blaming others, the Fulop Administration needs to "MAN UP" do the following:

- Take responsibility. The budget is now in Team FULOP's hands. Own it. Read it. Cut it. If I can read it and find discrepancies, so can THEY.
- stop patronage jobs - $80K for empty suit David Donnelly and other patronage jobs that cost us money and don't do anything have no place in this new administration.
- Hiring Freezes till 2014 and some time has passed.
- Furlough Workers Now
- Demotions (at least they will still HAVE jobs)
- Cut SPENDING. No freaking 311 system. Google the cost.
- SELL PROPERTY ASSETS NOW - forget about alleged "Future Value" That is a bogus excuse to hold on to something and deny taxpayer relief.

WE THE PEOPLE of Jersey City need tax relief. Need it NOW. And Tax FAIRNESS. Also...

1) NO MORE TAX ABATEMENTS DOWNTOWN (not just the waterfront - notice TEAM FULOP changing their language).

2) Reval has to happen. It is STATE mandated. How Fulop is getting away with this is BEYOND ME. Both the State and County Approved the thing. And anyone who bought here in the past 10 years (cough, cough, Ms. Osborne) is being denied much needed tax relief by Fulop.

I put pictures of my signs on facebook in Ward E group. Here are links.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 820977894_259680832_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 820987894_425471749_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 20992894_1901639594_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 20982894_1105815535_o.jpg

Fletcher,

Thank God you didn?t win. It?s not that you are completely off base on some of your solutions, but that fact that you think anyone can (or should for that matter) come into office and make sweeping changes across the city without taking the time to do a proper assessment of what?s really going on, just scares me. It?s just a simplistic attitude that sort of negates every talking point you used to describe yourself when you first announced your candidacy here on JCList.

Quote:

Fletch4JC wrote:
I don't want you to elect me though just because I am gay. I want you to elect me because I am the best candidate. With a 20 year career in business, working in direct marketing and advertising, I know how to effectively manage multi-million dollar programs. And, I can read a budget - and believe it or not, have read Jersey City's. Big room for improvement.

Any good business person knows you do not walk into a company as the new CEO and start making huge decisions without first figuring out what the landscape is. Governments, like business, are machines with countless moving parts where one component often affects another. If you go into that machine and suddenly start tinkering without understanding exactly how it works and what parts affect all the other parts, you?re likely to blow up the entire machine.

Jersey City, as a working government organization, is no different. Someone, and in this case the person ultimately responsible will be Steve Fulop, needs to get a handle on exactly how things are currently operating. That is going to take time. Even though Steve was a Councilman, anyone who knows anything about our city government knows that the Council and the Administration are very different and that it is the Administration that actually runs the day to day operations of the City and essentially has most of the power. Being a member of the City Council does not give one unlimited access to the working of city departments or how they are run. Does it give you a leg up? Of course. But, it is not likely enough information to step into a new role and suddenly make changes with broad brush strokes that could end up making things worse instead of better.

So let?s take your suggestions piece by piece:
Quote:

- Take responsibility. The budget is now in Team FULOP's hands. Own it. Read it. Cut it. If I can read it and find discrepancies, so can THEY.

The mayor and the council did take responsibility and did what they had to do. Even the non-Fulop members of the council voted for it. As a matter of fact, this is a direct quote from the Jersey Journal article: ?Ward C Councilman Rich Boggiano, one of only two council members who didn?t run on Fulop?s ticket in May?s municipal election, said the tax hike is ?not his fault,? referring to Fulop.? Is he just another crony as well?

The budget deficit is not the fault of the new council or the Fulop administration. All indications point to exactly what Steve has said; the Healy administration put out budget numbers that favored his reelection chances; thus the reason they never passed it. Any incoming mayor would do exactly the same thing by pointing this out. What?s wrong with that?
Quote:

- stop patronage jobs - $80K for empty suit David Donnelly and other patronage jobs that cost us money and don't do anything have no place in this new administration.

When you refer to David Donnelly as an empty suit, I take that to mean that you think he?s being paid to do nothing. Do you know this from personal experience? You suggest what he?s being tasked to do adds little or no value to the city. What are you basing that on? Is it simply that Steve hired a former council member? I don?t get it. What information do you have that we don?t? Please, enlighten us.
Quote:

We just had some 25 or so police personnel retire en mass. Should we not replace them? How about replacing heads of departments? Should we simply leave Healy?s patronage choices in place so we can say we didn?t hire anyone? Who makes these determinations? What is the criteria? How does anyone know one week (or even on month) into office just who is truly important and who is not? What are the long term effects on services? Or, do we simply do what is easiest at the moment and let the cards fall where they may?

Quote:

- Furlough Workers Now

Which workers do we choose? Again, what are the long term effects on services? How much can we cut hours of employees until we actually cripple the ability of the city to operate?

Quote:

Who are we demoting? What will it do to job retention rates? Yes there are those who should probably leave, but do we honestly think the Council or the Mayor can have a true handle on that 11 days after they took over? Also, change scares the hell out of people. As a business person, you must be very well aware that making changes too fast can paralyze even those who aren?t affected. Low morale could possibly take things from bad to worse.

Quote:

No offense dude, but I went to the ?Listening Meeting? held at City Hall. They had so many potential speakers that they couldn?t even get to them all. And one after another, the general consensus was that people wanted a city that actually works for them. They want real services for what they are paying. Steve is actually taking steps to build this type of system and you?re complaining? Yes it costs money. Anything worth anything usually does. It?s called investing in the future. Again, you with such business acumen must already know this. Sometimes you have to spend money upfront to save in the end.

Quote:

- SELL PROPERTY ASSETS NOW - forget about alleged "Future Value" That is a bogus excuse to hold on to something and deny taxpayer relief.

Are we simply supposed to shed our current assets as fast as we can so we don?t have to raise taxes? By doing so we could be penny wise and dollar foolish. Are we just supposed to take the Healy Administration?s word or what the properties are worth? What if it was assessed at an artificially low value to give some contributor a better profit margin? Are you suggesting that this isn?t a possibility? Did you not see the Solomon Dwek videos?

Quote:

WE THE PEOPLE of Jersey City need tax relief. Need it NOW. And Tax FAIRNESS. Also...

1) NO MORE TAX ABATEMENTS DOWNTOWN (not just the waterfront - notice TEAM FULOP changing their language).

2) Reval has to happen. It is STATE mandated. How Fulop is getting away with this is BEYOND ME. Both the State and County Approved the thing. And anyone who bought here in the past 10 years (cough, cough, Ms. Osborne) is being denied much needed tax relief by Fulop.

We the people of Jersey City do indeed need tax relief and fairness; on this we agree. But the reality is we can?t have it NOW. The Administration and the Council has to play the hand it was dealt; not the one it wants. They have to take time to figure out just exactly how things stand at the moment and where tax savings can sensibly be found. It really comes down to the scalpel versus the ax. Personally I prefer the surgeon to do what is needed to save as much as possible and not simply lop of a large part of the body because it is easiest and fastest. Recovering from surgery may be complicated and painful, but it beats the hell out of learning to live without whole portions of the body.

I also agree with you on Tax Abatements, at least in part. Have you ever asked yourself what precipitated the change from Downtown to Waterfront language (if it did indeed change)? Did you ever stop to think that there are areas that are downtown that might still need incentives to entice developers? Technically, I believe parts of Bergen- Lafayette are considered downtown. Then there is the area off Montgomery Street just west of the Turnpike before you go up the hill. Finally, there is all of that area close to the Cast Iron Lofts that is just starting to get developed. These are areas that aren?t as attractive to developers because of lack of transportation, blight and/or crime. Should we not be sweetening the pot, even just a little bit, to get things moving?

And finally, I completely agree with you on the Reval front. I feel the Reval should happen and I hope they do it and do it correctly. And if they don?t, I will be very vocal to both Steve and Candice about it.

But no matter whether I agree with the new Council and the Mayor all of the time, some of the time or not at all, I don?t expect things to happen immediately. And although some of your suggestions may indeed be solutions over the long haul, expecting them to happen 11 days after a complete change over in government, seems simply naive to me.

So my take away from your post(s) is that you really don?t know as much as you espouse, or you do and you just love political rhetoric (which is not the same as governing) or you?re suffering from sour grapes.

Either way, I?m glad you?re not representing me and you?ll never get my vote in the future.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Here are some idea?s:

HEALY SUCKS!

Here are some BETTER ideas.

Instead of "passing the buck" and blaming others, the Fulop Administration needs to "MAN UP" do the following:

- Furlough Workers Now

I put pictures of my signs on facebook in Ward E group. Here are links.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 820977894_259680832_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 820987894_425471749_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 20992894_1901639594_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 20982894_1105815535_o.jpg

Posted on: 2013/7/11 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The budget is $515 million. The city's portion is 7.6% increase but the overall increase including county and school is 3.92%

Posted on: 2013/7/11 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City budget amended by City Council; 7.6% tax hike on the way

Amendments to the proposed 2013 Jersey City budget that would boost city taxes by nearly 8 percent were given unanimous approval by the City Council today.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
FGJCNJ1970 wrote: Please folks. Please show up ..... at the City Council meeting. Bring signs.

Here are some idea?s:

HEALY SUCKS!

Here is a very interesting Hudson Reporter piece that lays out the Healy scam in detail?

New math
City budget projected to have $16M shortfall; may increase taxes

by E. Assata Wright
Reporter staff writer
June 2, 2013

Is outgoing Mayor Jerramiah Healy leaving his successor, Mayor-Elect Steven Fulop, an inaugural ?gift? in the form of a $16 million shortfall in the $486 million budget?

A re-working of the proposed 2013 municipal budget indicates that may be the case, according to Budget Director and Assistant Business Administrator Robert Kakoleski.

At Fulop?s request, Kakoleski recently reexamined certain projected expenditures and revenues and concluded that the city will have a $16 million gap that will have to be covered either through spending cuts, a tax increase, or a combination of both.

Full Hudson Reporter piece...

Posted on: 2013/7/10 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Let's not be dramatic - 2nd reading is legally the public forum. It's not suppression when there isn't speaking at the first hearing, it's following the law. I encourage you still to go so the crowd is noted, and speak at 2nd reading. If they allow comment at 1st reading, it's generous.

There is no comment for a first reading, but regular council meetings also have a public speaking period where anyone who has signed up can comment on matters, including on ordinances that are being introduced at 1st reading.

I can understand the argument that with a new budget being passed, people might want to opine on the matter before second reading, when council members might be more reluctant to make changes.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ricky241 wrote:
hmm... lucky folks !! So the 8% hike will be distributed to the rest... :( means more money coming out in taxes for the owners and renters having to paying more rent indirectly !

Let me explain how cancelling the reval multiplies the hit most property owners are going to take. After the last reval savvy owners like Yvonne appealed their taxes, in her case she said she got her assessment reduced from $375,000 to $165,000 (incredible, huh?). So when she and everyone else who appealed got their taxes cut, the city eventually found itself low on income, and had to raise the rate since it was now taking in LESS than before the reval!

And ever since, all those undervalued properties have had less of a hit from all the subsequent rate hikes while at the same time appreciating radically. If you're only paying 1%, an 8% raise is now 1.08%, but if you're paying 3% like many non-Downtown properties, you're now going to be paying 3.24%. The rate hike is amplified by the assessment disparity. That's $480 more you'll pay on a $300k home, and they continue to get away paying afar lower share even of the tax hike.

As I've said in the reval thread, use Zillow to scan JC recent sales and divide the assessment by the sale price then multiply by 100. If it's over 33, they're paying too much, under and they're paying too little. Yvonne's was 14 before she sold, my Heights place is at 47. Given the value difference, had she paid the 2.2% she really owed, 4 houses under $300k paying over 3.4% would have seen their taxes drop substantially.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 21:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/18 4:10
Group:
Registered Users
hmm... lucky folks !! So the 8% hike will be distributed to the rest... :( means more money coming out in taxes for the owners and renters having to paying more rent indirectly !

Posted on: 2013/7/10 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Since abatements are not ratables they are not affected by any tax increase. Only ratables are. Abatements are contacts.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 20:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/18 4:10
Group:
Registered Users
how does the tax hike affect those buildings which are under tax abatement for the next few years ?

Posted on: 2013/7/10 20:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
The tax hike sucks, but it can't be much of a surprise. Consider it Jerry Healy's parting shot to the taxpayers of Jersey City.

We can only hope there are not too many more turd bombs in the pipeline. I was driving on Route 440 by Holy Name Cemetery the other day as that monstrosity that Healy called "development" is rising on the west side waterfront. Healy's lousy management of the city is going to stick with us longer than one budget cycle.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I'll say this much I would never buy into a condo tower with hundreds of units many of them have renters that come and go at a pop. I've met a few that are contracted out in the IT department where I work. Their company puts them up for 6 months to do a job and then they are gone. Now the condo owner rents it out again to whoever. The condo owner advertises in trade publications around the world this is no different than the vacation hot spots throughout J.C. neighborhoods. You just don't know who is living beside you anymore.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 18:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

So that includes condos in these monsterous towers ?

Based on what I read, I would assume that it does. I have to re-read the JC Rent Control ordinance. I am not sure if it applies or not to any new construction.

The last building I purchased I knocked down from 5 units to 4 to avoid rent control. Last thing I wanted to be was dependent on Section 8 tenants to pay the mortgage.

Oh my I will have to make sure I purchase a condo in a building less than 30 years old.

Good grief, get a clue on how property is zoned and classified before you comment. Why would a condo building be subject to rent control? People buy condos and live in them. You pay mortgage and property tax, not rent. Sometimes an individual owner of a condo unit will rent it out because of a job transfer or because they bought the unit as an investment property. In this case, it's no different than a single-family home that's rented out. That does NOT - I repeat NOT - subject the condo to rent control, unless a single owner bought and rented out five or more units in the same building (Anyone with that kind of money to throw around knows how to avoid rent regulation). If it's, say, 30 different owners renting out 30 units in a 200-unit condo building, none of those rentals would be subjected to rent regulation.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In my opinion, there should have been a desk audit before these new hires. Now this budget is larger than Healy's budget. In the past, mayors would fire the political jobs before they bring in their own. Which is the reason for civil service if you have a political job make sure you have a job title that you can fall back on. Those that didn't have civil service were cut.

Does he have time for an audit before the budget is due? It would seem that if you want to do a competent job of an audit you have to take some time and do it right.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Based on what I read, I would assume that it does. I have to re-read the JC Rent Control ordinance. I am not sure if it applies or not to any new construction.

The last building I purchased I knocked down from 5 units to 4 to avoid rent control. Last thing I wanted to be was dependent on Section 8 tenants to pay the mortgage.

Oh my I will have to make sure I purchase a condo in a building less than 30 years old.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The owners of rent controlled building can receive an interest, but they are not allowed to pass it along. Most convert to condos or use tax court to appeal increases. Downtown JC had a lot of rent control buildings but after reval they became condos.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
sorry.. forgot to say "for up to 30 years".
It used to be only 5.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
sorry.. forgot to say "for up to 30 years".

It used to be only 5.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In my opinion, there should have been a desk audit before these new hires. Now this budget is larger than Healy's budget. In the past, mayors would fire the political jobs before they bring in their own. Which is the reason for civil service if you have a political job make sure you have a job title that you can fall back on. Those that didn't have civil service were cut.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think the Mayor wants to increase these taxes. Its a matter of what he was left to deal with/clean up and deadlines & bills that are forcing a budget increase before there is time to complete the full departmental audit. The audit will happen and should benefit us in the long run. But to do it right takes time.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
New buildings with 5+ units are exempt from rent control for 30 years. After that they're controlled, too, it says.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Rent control only applies to buildings with 5 units or more. New construction is exempt from local rent control ordinances:

a. In any municipality which has enacted or
which hereafter enacts
a rent control or rent
leveling ordinance, other than
under the authority of P.L.1966,
c.168 (C.2A:42-74 et seq.), those
provisions of the ordinance which limit the period
ic or regular increase
s in base rentals of
dwelling units shall not apply to multiple dwellings
constructed after the effective date of this
act, for a period of time not to exceed the period
of amortization of any initial mortgage loan
obtained for the multiple dwelling, or for 30 years following completion of construction,
whichever is less.
b. In the event that there is no initial mortgage
financing, the period of exemption from a rent
control or rent leveling ordinance shall be 30
years from the completion of construction.
Amended 1999, c. 291, ? 1.

Rent control is the reason the older apartment buildings are filled with Section 8 tenants as the landlord can charge above the controlled rent rate.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Rent control only applies to buildings with 5 units or more. New construction is exempt from local rent control ordinances:

a. In any municipality which has enacted or
which hereafter enacts
a rent control or rent
leveling ordinance, other than
under the authority of P.L.1966,
c.168 (C.2A:42-74 et seq.), those
provisions of the ordinance which limit the period
ic or regular increase
s in base rentals of
dwelling units shall not apply to multiple dwellings
constructed after the effective date of this
act, for a period of time not to exceed the period
of amortization of any initial mortgage loan
obtained for the multiple dwelling, or for 30 years following completion of construction,
whichever is less.
b. In the event that there is no initial mortgage
financing, the period of exemption from a rent
control or rent leveling ordinance shall be 30
years from the completion of construction.
Amended 1999, c. 291, ? 1.

Rent control is the reason the older apartment buildings are filled with Section 8 tenants as the landlord can charge above the controlled rent rate.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Let's not be dramatic - 2nd reading is legally the public forum. It's not suppression when there isn't speaking at the first hearing, it's following the law. I encourage you still to go so the crowd is noted, and speak at 2nd reading. If they allow comment at 1st reading, it's generous.

Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
Bumping this up.

Please folks. Please show up tomorrow at the City Council meeting. Bring signs.

Apparently because it is a first reading, there is no speakers list and the voice of the people is being suppressed.

Demand the Council table this for further study. This is too soon and we haven't seen any cuts or consolidation that was promised yet.

Did you get an 8% Raise? Where is the reform. Team Fulop has been planning this take over since 2010. They pointed to their PLAN constantly during the campaign.

Where are the layoff and the cuts in spending?

And for the Newcomers and Interlopers... who bought here in the past ten years... where is the tax reval giving US tax relief? Canceled by Mayor Fulop, despite being approved by the County and State.

(note to certain folks, not a rant, reality check more like it)

Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The city has to approve a budget so the tax bills can go out for August and November or else the city cannot pay its bill. You have people on the council with little understanding of the budget process. I have harped in the past about endorsing candidates who do not attend meetings. By the way, I was the only person who spoke at the last meeting. According to the Faulkner Act, this is now the council budget. These are the steps: the department heads create their budget, it is given to the mayor, and the budget now belongs to the council. If the council does not approve a budget, they can be fined by Community Affairs in Trenton. This happened to Hoboken several years ago.

I always felt that "some" of the council candidates were not that well verse on monetary issues. Their answers were "we have to fix this" or " we need to improve on this" but with no mission in sight. And remember once elected Ward council members eventually become everybody's council member, just voted in by only a portion of the city.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The city has to approve a budget so the tax bills can go out for August and November or else the city cannot pay its bill. You have people on the council with little understanding of the budget process. I have harped in the past about endorsing candidates who do not attend meetings. By the way, I was the only person who spoke at the last meeting. According to the Faulkner Act, this is now the council budget. These are the steps: the department heads create their budget, it is given to the mayor, and the budget now belongs to the council. If the council does not approve a budget, they can be fined by Community Affairs in Trenton. This happened to Hoboken several years ago.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Is the $20m deficit a one-time item? Can we get the council to commit to reversing the hike next year?

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Also remember that apartment dwelers are only subject to a 2.5% rent hike per year as opposed to 2-family houses where a tax hike means a rent hike.

That rent increase cap only applies to rent-regulated apartments. I don't know anyone downtown who is living in one of those. Believe me, renters - especially in the high rises - have been hit with far bigger than 2.5% increases in their lease renewals the past couple of years.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:

Did you get an 8% Raise? Where is the reform. Team Fulop has been planning this take over since 2010. They pointed to their PLAN constantly during the campaign.

Where are the layoff and the cuts in spending?

This kind of reminds me of working in Iraq in 2003. It's been a week - where's the miracle?

Cleaning up a mess is less fun and less politically gratifying than creating a mess. Let's not forget that our special mess accrued not just over a near-decade, but over generations. Most recently, politically inconvenient decisions were conveniently kicked down the road just past the '13 election. Is the idea that we'll right the ship for free and all get a check in the process?

I'm willing to invest time, as well as to pay as needed, to put JC on a track to excellence.

If you're going to compare this to Iraq... well, you're gonna make me nervous.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Also remember that apartment dwelers are only subject to a 2.5% rent hike per year as opposed to 2-family houses where a tax hike means a rent hike.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 13:08

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017