Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Council Members ??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
If you have public meetings or community association meetings, why not invite not only your Ward council person, but the 3 at-large council people? Give them all a chance to engage and help you, then see who you should continue working with on that issue.

In a few weeks, we here in Ward B are having a public meeting with a new developer to the area that is planning a large apt. building that crosses both Ward B & Ward F. So we're inviting those 2 ward council people, plus all 3 at-larges. Now, hopefully they will all make it. But even if only some make it, that's pretty good. Its a good way to get them integrated into community matters and for you all to get to know them as well. They can't attend & learn our issues if you/we don't invite and keep them informed.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
So what you are saying is as long as the ward council persons are doing their job then the at-large council members get a break.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 23:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Until the last election our Ward A Councliperson was really no help at all, so I would contact the Councilpersons at large. The one who consistently helped our neighborhood association was Rolando Lavarro, who is now the Council President. And, we have a new Ward A Councilperson, Frank Gajewski, who I am excited to work with.

So i would recommend you contact your ward council and if you dont feel you are getting results or you have an issue that needs more attention, contact the at-large folks.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Since essentially they represent the whole city, you can go to them for both city wide or ward specific issues. Should there be an issue in your ward you want supported and your council person supports it, you would reach out to the at-larges to support your ward representative.

In addition, you might already have a relationship with one of the at-larges and feel more comfortable talking to them.

The council is the law making body and to get anything passed it will take at least 5 of them. For constituent services, you should be contacting the administration directly. Every council person on the council is to advocate on the constituents' behalf. You might not always agree with them, but they should be listening to you regardless of what ward they represent and especially the at-larges that bridge over all of the wards.

Each has different skills (social services, finance, languages) that they bring to the table, so you will definitely create a relationship with those that best match your needs instead of being limited to just one representative.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 14:46
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Council Members ??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
What do the At-Large council persons actually do, when would you call them what purpose do they serve. Should I just stick to my ward council person ? How can the at-large members help us as they are elected city-wide ?

Posted on: 2013/7/5 11:05
Get on your bikes and ride !

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017