Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City residents have a to-do list for the new administration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

By Aiyana Cronk/The Jersey Journal

We posed a simple question to Jersey City residents on the street and on Facebook: "What are your hopes for Mayor-elect Fulop?"

The answers varied from crime control to keeping the streets clean.

"I just hope he helps to bring back programs for kids,'' said Joshua Medina, 18, who lives in the Heights and heard Fulop speak last month during his Ferris High School graduation ceremony. "I just want to see him help the kids who are headed down the wrong path and get them doing positive recreational stuff again."

Residents from all over Jersey City said Fulop needs to crack down on crime in general and gun violence in particular.

"I hope he cleans up the city," Greenville resident Nastassia Pagan, 19, said. "I just want to see the crime rates go down."

On The Jersey Journal's Facebook page, Fletcher C. Gensamer pointed to property taxes.

"Do something about out-of-control spending and lower our property taxes,'' he said. "They are out of control."

Joseph Rems, 23, of West Side Avenue, said he was glad Fulop is looking to move from Downtown to a more inner-city location.

"To be an efficient leader, you have to be among the people," Rems said. "I think he has the potential to make Jersey City a better place to live."

Ashley Boston, 20, of the Western Slope, pointed to campaign promises.

"I just hope that he actually sticks to his word,'' she said, "and changes Jersey City."

Leroy Aiken, of Greenville, campaigned for Fulop and was very excited by his win.

"I think Fulop will bring positive change,'' he said. "The programs that he has proposed will be good for Jersey City. I'm ready for a brand new J.C."

PHOTO CAPTION: AIYANA CRONK JOURNAL PHOTO Joshua Medina hopes more programs for the youth in the city will come during the Fulop administration, AIYANA CRONK JOURNAL PHOTOS LEROY AIKEN hopes Fulop will bring positive changes to Jersey City. New to Jersey City's Greenville neighborhood, Nastassia Pagan, 19, hopes Mayor Fulop will help bring down the crime rate. AIYANA CRONK JOURNAL PHOTO JOSEPH REMS said an effective leader must live among the people.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 14:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017