Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Emergency No Parking Tickets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from= ... =full+hd+dvr&LH_PrefLoc=2

Below is the link to the one I actual own; it has 2 cameras - front and rear and works fantastic in low light as it has infrared, motion sensor, loop recording and can hand a 32mg memory card - Do your own homework and I'd suggest to stick with 1080 (mini) quality instead of the 720

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-DV-Dual-Ca ... 1adebf431#ht_14675wt_1141

I also have let people borrow it to catch graffitists and vandals - They point it at a wall targetted from their car or house window!

Imagine if you could borrow such devices from the library - It would empower residents and free up cops to do what they need urgently - Once the imagine / footage is downloaded, it would be a simple task to deliver it to the cops with time date and image recorded = It would also mitigate costly court time.

If the device is lost or stolen while borrowed from the library; the same would apply if a book was lost or stolen !

Posted on: 2013/6/28 3:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Not bad! I would set it up for $60! Might as well run it as your driving too.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Fat-ass-bike: can you share where you got your camera, and make and model? I think this is a great idea - for $60!

How long can the camera record and store?

Posted on: 2013/6/28 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
For less then $60 I have a full hd dvr car cam with loop recording attached to my tundra's dash.
On one ocassion I had fortage of a parking guy mark my tire and return within 45 minutes to issue a ticket - The sign read 1 hour.
After downloading the footage on disk I rang the parking authority and complained which resulted in the standard 'you overstayed' I asked to speak to the manager, who actually came to my home where I showed him the footage and threaten media exposure.

To cut along story short, the manager took my ticket and cancelled it immediately and never heard from them again.

It might be worth getting a dash cash for situation like yours and accidents. Most car cams have a time /date displayed while recording.

Once I park, I point the camera at a 45 degree towards my front drivers side quarter panel that also highlights street and parking signs

Posted on: 2013/6/27 22:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
The signs have to be posted for at least 24 hours before the start of the no parking regulations.

Posted on: 2013/6/27 20:37

Emergency No Parking Tickets
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/30 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else been ticketed and towed after an "emergency no parking" sign appeared where you were parked? It happened to us on Monday-no signs were posted on Sunday or when I left for work Monday at 7:45am, but when I got home, my car had been towed and there were "no parking" signs everywhere.

Had to call around to find the car, get a ride to the tow lot from a neighbor, pay $190 to get the car back, and there's a $42 ticket on the windshield. And it was in a legal spot for the day.

I'm not so put out that they had to move the car, but paying for a ticket and tow with no notice seems excessive. What is considered fair notice for changes in parking rules?

Posted on: 2013/6/27 19:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017