Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Area around Bayonne Municipal Pool
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I am familiar with Bayonne having grown up there and still have large swath of family living there.........who i see often.

You will save time if you take the light rail to 8th street and walk over to Avenue C.

The area is pretty safe. The area around the pool is pretty solid and i would not say its "poor". Although there are pockets of less than stellar areas. Cause of the light rail new construction is changing the area pretty fast. And some great buildings are going up.

In my observations, Bayonne tends to have pretty "affluent areas" toward the west....and generally poorer areas to the east. The upper 50's of Bayonne tend to be poorer where as downtown its generally poorer in the east near 440 and the more industrial/port areas. And the tip of Bayonne, Bergen Point, is pretty nice overall, it feels like a totally different town. This does not mean there aren't mixed pockets here and there.

I always described Bayonne to others as a mashup of a quiet town meets suburb with touches of a gritty, urban, industrial city.

And don't ask me how but the one thing the city does right is invest in parks....i will never knock the quality of that precious resource.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
How long does it take to walk from 8th Str Light Rail to the Municipal Pool? From the map, it looks like quite a walk? I like the Light Rail too (if the walk is not too far) - the bus can be very unpredictable... Thanks.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I never take the bus down there, I always find the lightrail to be faster. Take the 8th street lightrail to 8th street and then its a quick walk to Ave. C. This area is Bayonne dowtown area which is less affluent than the other parts of the city, but its pretty quite during the evenings.

I walk fast, and I am tall with long legs so it takes me about 10 min. If you walk normal its like 15 min or less. It might not be so great during the cold winter months.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
How long does it take to walk from 8th Str Light Rail to the Municipal Pool? From the map, it looks like quite a walk? I like the Light Rail too (if the walk is not too far) - the bus can be very unpredictable... Thanks.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I never take the bus down there, I always find the lightrail to be faster. Take the 8th street lightrail to 8th street and then its a quick walk to Ave. C. This area is Bayonne dowtown area which is less affluent than the other parts of the city, but its pretty quite during the evenings.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
because affluency relates to how much of a chance you have at getting mugged?

Posted on: 2013/6/24 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/24 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
You'll be fine. There are sometimes groups of teens hanging around, but they're just obnoxious, not dangerous. I've never had a problem in that area. Bus is probably your best, less expensive bet.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 17:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
That area is very safe to my knowledge.
Describing your schedule on a public forum might not be the best idea however.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 17:47

Area around Bayonne Municipal Pool
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Is the area around Bayonne Municipal Pool safe to walk for a petite woman? I'll be going there via public transportation (e.g. Bus 81), getting off at Avenue C, and walking over on 16th Street.

I'll be going in the evenings and early night (eg 7-8pm) by myself, throughout the summer and winter months.

Is this a good idea?

Any other easy route to get there via public transportation from DTJC?

Thanks.

Julia

Posted on: 2013/6/24 17:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017