Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City mayor-elect plans to recruit more police officers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/19 0:13
Group:
Registered Users
Well i hope to see beat cops ASAP walking new york ave griffith and webster area. Really tired of the crackheads and junkies who are openly doped up asking for money. If the JCPD setup a stakeout they will see the amount of deals taking place i see it almost daily

Posted on: 2013/6/19 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to see more recruits over the age of 30 with more life skills under their belt - As domestic violence being the no.1 crime in JC (if not the entire U.S) older police should be more experienced to deal with the issue then a late teen early 20 something (still with zits).
I'd hypothsize that suspects of domestic violence would more likely comply to orders directed to them by an older officer.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 2:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Yes! A police officer actually walking on the street. What a an amazing concept. Thank you Fulop!

Posted on: 2013/6/19 1:21

Jersey City mayor-elect plans to recruit more police officers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor-elect plans to recruit more police officers

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
June 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Jersey City Mayor-elect Steve Fulop announced today that he is expanding the size of the next police department recruitment class from 25 to 40.

Fulop, 36, who campaigned on boosting public safety in Jersey City, said in statement from his office that he plans to add additional classes later this year in an effort to ?rebuild? the department.

?The Jersey City Police Department has been down many officers for far too long,? Fulop said. ?I am committed to the safety of our residents as priority No. 1 and having more officers on the streets. Along with a restructuring of the department, we will begin to reduce crime that plagues many neighborhoods in our city.?

The police department is experiencing what Fulop calls ?a massive wave of retirements.? Around 25 officers of various ranks are expected to retire by August, with former Police Chief Tom Comey already gone.

Comey, an ally of outgoing Mayor Jerramiah Healy, announced his retirement soon after Fulop defeated Healy in the May 14 mayoral race.

The city?s police force is around 800, which Fulop said he wants to increase. The mayor-elect, who takes office on July 1, has pledged to bring ?a community-policing approach? to Jersey City.

?Once these officers are sworn in, residents should expect to see them walking the beat,? he said in the statement.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_police_officers.html#/4

Posted on: 2013/6/18 23:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017