Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sport Specific Physical Therapy Recommendation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to report back here because I'd looked at this thread when I completely tore my ankle ligament back in May (if the nice JC'er who picked me off the sidewalk is reading this-- thank you!).

I have been to physical therapy many times for various injuries-- and associate it with monotonous exercises and never found it terribly helpful. I expected the same for rehabilitation of my ankle.

I chose Liberty Physical Therapy because walking is difficult for me and it was close-- they are right off Grove street at Columbus-- and because they had a nice website and positive reviews on Yelp. I'd read about other places in JC and they sounded like their approach was more factory-like.

I am happy to report back that Chitra at Liberty PT has totally changed my mind about PT. She is incredible-- a gifted therapist, attentive and very hands on. Therapy is actually fun instead of boring, and yes we do exercises, but Chitra guides you through it every step of the way. After she works me past what I think my limit is, I am rewarded with an incredible ankle massage and other modalities. The difference before and after therapy is pretty amazing.

Chitra is also there for moral support-- she understands pain and the stress it can cause, and not only listens, but helps you work through it. I really cannot recommend her enough.

Previously, I always went into the city for anything medical related, to the "best" centers like HSS, but now I know better, that the best PT is right here down the street. After this immediate injury heals, I am looking forward to having Chitra tackle my old injuries that have never quite resolved.

Bonus-- Chitra will work with your insurance company and take care of all the paperwork. I really hope her practice thrives here.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 20:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
I went to Sportscare in Hoboken after I messed up my ankle last summer, and they were wonderful. They dealt with a lot of sports injuries (mine, however, was just from being a klutz).

They have a few locations in Hudson County, including one in JC, but the Hoboken location is 1/2 block away from the PATH, so it was easy to get there on the train, especially before and after work. The JC location wasn't as convenient for me.

Here's their site: http://www.sportscare1.com/

Posted on: 2013/6/5 19:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 12:48
Group:
Registered Users
Harbourside sport and spine. They are across from the post office- on Montgomery and Washington.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/10 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
harborside sport and spine. it's a chiro office that's also staffed with physical therapists andy they have a weight/workout room. i messed up my knee (torn meniscus) and they helped me rehab it.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:55

Sport Specific Physical Therapy Recommendation

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/17 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good physical therapist in the downtown JC area (NYC OK).

Preferably with a sports injury specialty. Bonus if experience with cycling/cycling specific injuries.

A search of the forums came up empty. If this is in the wrong category, please feel free to move.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017