Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen-Lafeyette: JC mayor-elect plans to bring 'responsiveness' to City Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
1. Webmaster - can you change the heading of this thread to LafAyette?
2. It seems to me that with the Australians and Fulop buying in B-L, the neighborhood is getting a lot of investment cred. I'm looking forward to seeing how effective focusing abatements outside of DTJC works. There's an MBA thesis waiting to be written.

I hope for everyone's sake that the only gangs left in JC soon are The McClarens and The Peregos.

You got a problem with the UPPAbabys??

Posted on: 2013/5/20 20:34

Re: Bergen-Lafeyette: JC mayor-elect plans to bring 'responsiveness' to City Hall
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/22 22:59
Group:
Registered Users
Here is a link to the US Residential Prperty fund investor walking tour pack of JC prperties.
http://usmastersresidential.com.au/do ... WalkingTourPack130502.pdf

Posted on: 2013/5/19 1:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 19:50
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RebeccaS wrote:
What Australians?

Dixon Leasing

Posted on: 2013/5/18 22:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 19:50
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
What Australians?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I do recall when I posted the link to the ?red zone? map last time a battle broke out. (sorry)

What good is an internet discussion forum if you can't flame someone you've never met over a trivial issue?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
1. Webmaster - can you change the heading of this thread to LafAyette?
2. It seems to me that with the Australians and Fulop buying in B-L, the neighborhood is getting a lot of investment cred. I'm looking forward to seeing how effective focusing abatements outside of DTJC works. There's an MBA thesis waiting to be written.

I hope for everyone's sake that the only gangs left in JC soon are The McClarens and The Peregos.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Just to clear something up?I only posted the links to the three maps to show how we need to go digging for them on the internet. The ward map(updated), jcpd district map (without the red markings) , and the neighborhood map(updated) should all be on the City of Jersey City web site but they are not.

I do recall when I posted the link to the ?red zone? map last time a battle broke out. (sorry)

Posted on: 2013/5/18 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Looks like that JCPD officer lazily colored my neighborhood (south of Danforth, east of Garfield) red. I demand a recoloring.

Resized Image

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Yeah OneSkirt hopefully one of the items on Mayor Fulop?s JC ?fix list? is getting decent maps of Jersey City on the ?official? City of Jersey City web site. A ward map, JCPD district map, a neighborhood map would be nice for newcomers (and old-timers who are forgetting a lot..no comment).

Whenever questions about the above maps come up everyone scrambles to find them on the internet.

I recall these as ?finds? ?.

Jersey City Economic Development Neighborhood maps and information.
(great stuff but it needs updating)

http://www.jcedc.org/Pages/01-24neighborhoods.pdf

Ward maps. Someone from the JCI got so frustrated searching that he made a map in 2009.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... /06/jersey-city-ward-map/

JCPD districts map. You would think it would be on the ?new and improved? JCPD web site. No.

There is a nice district map in this SPU unofficial newspaper link ? the peacock press. It also tells students about JC?s red zones as in places with high crime.

http://thepeacockpress.wordpress.com/ ... lice-stay-out-of-the-red/

We live in a city of 250K people and we can?t get information about it. Mayor Fulop could probably use some of those maps if he is indeed moving into BL.

LOL welcome to the red, these maps are racist and bullshit.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like that JCPD officer lazily colored my neighborhood (south of Danforth, east of Garfield) red. I demand a recoloring.

Resized Image

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Yeah OneSkirt hopefully one of the items on Mayor Fulop?s JC ?fix list? is getting decent maps of Jersey City on the ?official? City of Jersey City web site. A ward map, JCPD district map, a neighborhood map would be nice for newcomers (and old-timers who are forgetting a lot..no comment).

Whenever questions about the above maps come up everyone scrambles to find them on the internet.

Ward maps. Someone from the JCI got so frustrated searching that he made a map in 2009.

JCPD districts map. You would think it would be on the ?new and improved? JCPD web site. No.

There is a nice district map in this SPU unofficial newspaper link ? the peacock press. It also tells students about JC?s red zones as in places with high crime.

We live in a city of 250K people and we can?t get information about it. Mayor Fulop could probably use some of those maps if he is indeed moving into BL.

Posted on: 2013/5/18 12:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/22 22:59
Group:
Registered Users
The SPC college map is very basic and generic basically there is almost no crime in the heights, no crime in DT, safe inside SP but everything else in JC is high crime. I'm sure the reporters for the Peacock news letter did some research but to me it's more of a map for students warning them of the areas not to wonder off not a map you should judge JC by.
That link was to the old wards map here is one for the new map.
It'll be the second pic on the slide show.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/fu ... ss-concerns-about-future-

Posted on: 2013/5/18 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/18 11:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I get really confused as to the boundaries of the BL Neighborhood. I know that part south of Grand all the way to the Liberty Park light rail is part of it (the "Lafayette" part, right?)? So where going up the hill of Communipaw does it extend?

Posted on: 2013/5/18 4:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Well isn't that interesting. Welcome to Bergen-Lafayette Mr. Mayor. I know of a few available houses in my neighborhood in BL.

Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Some more choice bits from the article:

"Fulop wants to offer developers fewer incentives for building Downtown and more incentives for building in Bergen-Lafayette and other areas of the city....

"Fulop won every ward in the city except Ward F, according to unofficial election results. He lost Ward F by about 50 votes, but he did considerably worse in Bergen-Lafayette than he did in the Downtown parts of Ward F.

"Asked whether he thinks he needs to work on convincing voters in that area that he will work for them, Fulop said many of his proposals ? to decrease crime, to encourage development in areas aside from the Waterfront ? are targeted to improve the lives of residents there.

"Besides, Fulop added, he intends to live in Ward F. A longtime Downtown resident, Fulop has sold his Paulus Hook walkup and seeks to buy a home in Bergen-Lafeyette"

Posted on: 2013/5/17 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Some more choice bits from the article:

"Fulop wants to offer developers fewer incentives for building Downtown and more incentives for building in Bergen-Lafayette and other areas of the city....

"Fulop won every ward in the city except Ward F, according to unofficial election results. He lost Ward F by about 50 votes, but he did considerably worse in Bergen-Lafayette than he did in the Downtown parts of Ward F.

"Asked whether he thinks he needs to work on convincing voters in that area that he will work for them, Fulop said many of his proposals ? to decrease crime, to encourage development in areas aside from the Waterfront ? are targeted to improve the lives of residents there.

"Besides, Fulop added, he intends to live in Ward F. A longtime Downtown resident, Fulop has sold his Paulus Hook walkup and seeks to buy a home in Bergen-Lafeyette"

Posted on: 2013/5/17 22:52

Bergen-Lafeyette: JC mayor-elect plans to bring 'responsiveness' to City Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

(no not a crime post GP, so the BL is fine)

Jersey City mayor-elect plans to bring 'responsiveness' to City Hall

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM, updated May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Jersey City Mayor-elect Steve Fulop plans to be just as "hands on" a mayor as he was a councilman, Fulop said during his first wide-ranging interview since he defeated Mayor Jerramiah Healy on Tuesday.

Fulop, 36, who rarely goes a minute without checking email or messages on his phone, said he trained a lot of his campaign volunteers to be as responsive as he is, and he?ll bring that same kind of alertness to City Hall starting July 1.

?There will be a culture of responsiveness that?s going to be much more apparent than there is now,? he said to editors of The Jersey Journal this afternoon.

Full piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t_plans.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/5/17 21:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017