Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Christie Watch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
LolResized Image

Posted on: 2013/1/15 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
To be fair let?s also add a Booker watch?..

Cory Booker was in DC on Saturday at the Human Rights Campaign dinner.
He was in NYC on CNN?s Starting Point and MSNBC?s Morning Joe today talking up Obama.

Does he have security with him?

(forget about an Obama watch, there is not enough memory on this site for the pages and pages of places he has been besides where he should be?.the WH)

Posted on: 2012/10/11 17:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/16 23:08
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently the Gov was in town yesterday (Tuesday).

Christie praises family success centers

Does anybody have any experience with the Family Success Center? What the heck was this about other than a photo op?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 5:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/26 3:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FusilliJerry wrote:
But Christie said Tuesday that it is state policy , and not his decision , to have state police accompany him everywhere, such as when he goes on vacation with his family.

The Gov is being more than a little disingenuous here. As the state's executive, he could order the state police to modify their policy.

Even more, as a matter of integrity and fiscal discipline, he could decline the protection, or provide for his own security when he's travelling on political business.

Strange how the Gov's call for fiscal discipline seems to never extend to himself.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 4:48

Christie Watch

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/26 3:37
Group:
Registered Users
Christie defends use of state police on trips
Philly.com

DAVID PORTER
The Associated Press

JERSEY CITY, N.J. - Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday defended his use of New Jersey state police for security on campaign trips as he prepared for more travel in support of presidential nominee Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates.

Christie recently returned from a trip that took him to Washington state, Montana, North Dakota and Michigan. He was scheduled to head to Ohio on Tuesday afternoon to campaign with Romney, and said he is tentatively scheduled to go to Wisconsin and Indiana next week.

Some political foes, including Democratic state Sen. Ronald Rice of Newark, have criticized Christie for not reimbursing state taxpayers for the cost of providing security when he travels on behalf of the GOP.

But Christie said Tuesday that it is state policy , and not his decision , to have state police accompany him everywhere, such as when he goes on vacation with his family.

"I don't think that anyone differently should have to bear the expense for the state police when the state police set the policies for when I have to have them," he said at a news conference at a family support center in Jersey City. "No more than when I go on vacation should I have to pay for them personally, or should a campaign or political party have to pay for my protection, which is not determined by me or the campaign, but by the policies of the state police.

"They are being paid whether I go out of state or whether I don't," he added "They're with me 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They're going to be paid anyway, whether they're with me or not."

Christie said he doesn't travel more than any other governors, though it may seem that way.

"People have done this analysis, and I don't travel any more out of state than other governors do, the problem is I get more notoriety for it," he said. "It's the nature of my personality."

Rice didn't immediately return a message seeking comment, and the state police didn't immediately respond to a request for a breakdown of costs for the governor's security on the campaign trips.

Romney has leaned on Christie often for support on the campaign trail. Christie, who considered running for president this year, joked that he would be making three appearances with Romney in the next day and a half and that it would "test our relationship."

Posted on: 2012/10/11 4:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017