Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy: 'This entire week, I've been reminded why I believe so much in Barack Obama'
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
Just as long as he's reminded where the nearest bar is, he's in good shape.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 3:38

Re: Healy: 'This entire week, I've been reminded why I believe so much in Barack Obama'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/9/10 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
What a tool. Alcohol rotted his brain.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 14:55

Healy: 'This entire week, I've been reminded why I believe so much in Barack Obama'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Healy: 'This entire week, I've been reminded why I believe so much in Barack Obama'

September 06, 2012, 6:52 PM
The Jersey Journal

Charlotte might be more than a few miles away from Jersey City, but still I?ve felt at home this past week among my fellow Democrats. Being able to hear so many inspiring leaders expound upon the principles of our party and the promise of America in the convention hall re-affirms to me why I am a Democrat.

We are a party that believes our private sector thrives with investment in infrastructure - like mass transit. We are a diverse party that doesn't dictate how people pray, nor who they should love. We don't scoff at our planet's environmental crisis, but rather we work to solve it. We are people who come from different walks of life to join together for a common purpose of moving our nation forward.

From my friend Newark Mayor Cory Booker's energizing speech on the first night proclaiming our platform of pragmatism, to San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro talking of his grandmother?s immigrant experience, to President Bill Clinton's nuanced and articulate rebuttal to the banal platitudes and misrepresentations of the GOP convention in Tampa ? speaker after speaker demonstrated that our Democratic Party is not only the party of compassion, but also the party with better ideas. Michelle Obama eloquently reminded us how her husband is a leader of uncommon intellect and character. She illustrated how he overcame adversity and dedicated his life to a noble cause: making this nation a better place for all those who call America their home.

This entire week, I?ve been reminded why I believe so much in Barack Obama. Tonight, along with millions of other Americans, I?ll closely watch as the president lays out the victories of the past four years and a vision for our future.

I am proud to have long supported Barack Obama. I was struck by his extraordinary talent when we first met in his Senate office over five-and-a-half-years ago. And, while I was thrilled to help his successful campaign in 2008, I feel that this election is even more crucial. America stands at a crossroads right now. When progress is being made, you don?t stop it ? you keep going forward.

If we go back to the failed Republican policies that caused the horrible predicament the president inherited, I fear our economy will only get weaker and our position in the world will deteriorate to its previous state of the Bush years. I do not want that type of country for my grandchildren.

Although we?ve had 29 months of consecutive job growth and the stock market has doubled since Obama took office, there is more for him to do. There is more work for all of us to do. We can?t stop now. We need to invest in our infrastructure, make college more affordable and keep the president's promise of affordable, accessible healthcare for all.

At this morning?s New Jersey delegation breakfast at our hotel, U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez spoke strongly of how ? as Democrats ? we have an obligation to stand up for the middle-class and working families now under attack. I hold this same fight in my heart as well.

As a New Jerseyan, I am so proud of how our party has come together for President Obama and everyone on the ballot in our state. Democratic Chairman John Wisniewski has done an excellent job for the New Jersey delegation down here in Charlotte. As we return to New Jersey, we must remain united and work to keep the progress going. We must particularly work hard for the reelection of Hudson County?s favorite son, Bob Menendez.

As inspiring as this week has been, I?m looking forward to coming back home to Jersey City to work with my fellow Democrats. Together, we will continue moving our country and our city FORWARD. We can?t stop the progress now.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... _entire_week_ive_bee.html

Posted on: 2012/9/6 23:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017