Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New to the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
How about a visit to The Reservoir http://www.jcreservoir.org/ A beautiful old water reservoir now adopted as a park. You can hike around the primiter of the area and get a panaramic view of the whole lake, there are some interesting plants, fishing on the south side entrance along with kayacking a few times a year.
While you are at the Reservior I would trek across the street and stroll around Pershing Field Park. They have a running track, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts as well.
I would attend your Heights Captain's meeting which is held 7pm on the third Thursday of each month at PS #28 school 167 Hancock Ave.
For food you have Rizzo's Bakery 208 Central Ave. which sells hot lunch specials, hot & cold Italian food, pizza, cookies, and Italian desserts along with espresso. Andrea's Italian Deli 247 Central Ave. and Rennato's Italian restaurant 278 Central Ave in the back of Pizza Masters next to the North District police station.
And by all means buy a bike it's the best way to get around town. There are two bike shops in the Heights and a toy store that sells used refurbed vintage bikes. located on Central Ave, and North St., 353 Palisade Ave., and the toy store at 116 Hutton St.

Posted on: 2012/7/31 14:14
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

av8er wrote:
Hey all...

I recently moved into a condo in the Heights area, right off of Palisades by the Hoboken elevator. After a few days, I've come to like the area. I relocated here for the feasibility of commuting. I wanted to get others perspective of the area as well.

About me...I'm a young person who likes to have fun (no clubs or bars though), outdoor sports, events and the like. It is just myself and a spouse in the area and we have no kids.

That being said...I'm looking forward to reading some of you're responses.

Thanks.

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions, but I'll put out that before summer's over you get down to the various music events and such on the Hoboken waterfront. Very pleasant way to spend a few hours. If you don't have bikes yet, get some, cheap ones are fine for around here. It's the best way to get around both up there and to get down to Hoboken, Downtown JC and to Liberty State Park.

Posted on: 2012/7/30 23:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 10:28
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Hi there,

You may be interested in getting involved with the neighborhood associations in the Heights as a way of getting to know your neighbors and community. Riverview Neighborhood Association (RNA) and Washington Park Association (WPA) are both very active and often work together. For example, both groups joined together to organize free movies in Riverview Park (Palisade and Griffith) and Washington Park (Patterson Plank and 2nd). The movies are free (including free popcorn) and are on the first four Fridays in August, around 8pm (sunset). This Fri, Aug 3, we're showing Young Frankenstein at Riverview Park.

You can look up both groups on Facebook or check out their websites: riverviewneighborhood.org or wpanj.org.

Another local event you might be interested in is the farmers market in Riverview Park on Sundays, 9?2pm. Again, its another great way to get to know your neighborhood and others who live in the Heights. A group called Farms in the City Heights organizes the market (you can look them up on Facebook) and RNA sponsors the market.

Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2012/7/30 21:42

New to the Heights

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/30 19:09
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all...

I recently moved into a condo in the Heights area, right off of Palisades by the Hoboken elevator. After a few days, I've come to like the area. I relocated here for the feasibility of commuting. I wanted to get others perspective of the area as well.

About me...I'm a young person who likes to have fun (no clubs or bars though), outdoor sports, events and the like. It is just myself and a spouse in the area and we have no kids.

That being said...I'm looking forward to reading some of you're responses.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/7/30 19:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017