Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

the B.I.G. Celebration - Gather the tweens, Joe Jonas is coming to JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Gather your 10-13 year olds.... Joe Jonas (among others) is having a concert at LSP.

It's called "The B.I.G. Celebration" starring Sara Bareilles, Joe Jonas, and Rachel Crow on Saturday, June 23, at 1 p.m. The concert is a Girl Scout celebration, but anyone can get tickets.

I say get out of Dodge, but if you want to subject yourself to this craziness (or, more likely, if you have a kid), Groupon has a deal running right now. http://www.groupon.com/r/uu824939

Here's the recap:

The Girl Scout Councils of New Jersey celebrates 100 years of camping, values, and community service with The B.I.G. Celebration, a daylong extravaganza of activities and music for all ages. Set among the 1,122 acres of Liberty State Park, Scouts supporters savor panoramic views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the New York Harbor. More than nine hours of exhilarating activities??such as rock climbing, picture booths, obstacle courses, and a massive flash-mob dance??help entertain before the main event: headlining performances by a trio of wildly popular singers and a dazzling fireworks display.

The musical revelry gets underway with energetic sets from up-and-coming singing and dancing acts, such as the all-girl group Bloom and TV sensation Savvy from the situational-comedy series The Wannabes on STARZ Kids & Family. Wunderkind and The X Factor finalist Rachel Crow ushers listeners into the evening with zesty pop songs that showcase her thousand-yard smile and four-chambered lungs.

As the sun begins to set, Joe Jonas from the Jonas Brothers earns merit badges from the audience with his sultry dance moves and billowy croons. Flying solo while his siblings finish their quantum physics dissertations, Joe feasts on the squeals of fans as he romances the microphone during live renditions of songs from his debut album, Fastlife. The B.I.G. Celebration concludes with a rainbow of atmospheric explosions while Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles sings empowering earworms such as ?Love Song? and ?Gravity.?

Posted on: 2012/6/17 17:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017