Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

'Tired of looking at books and papers,' Jersey City man lights room on fire
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A Jersey City man was arrested on arson charges following a fire in a 21-unit apartment building in the Heights this morning, officials said.

"I got tired of looking at my books and papers and lit them on fire," Thomas C. Carton, 38, of 149 Zabriskie St., told police after the 6:04 a.m. fire in his apartment, reports said.

Carton was charged with arson and causing or risking widespread injury/damage, officials said.

The officers responded to the building on a report of a man throwing items out of a window which was emitting smoke, reports said. Upon arrival, residents identified Carton as the resident of the apartment which was on fire, reports said.

Police said it appears Carton poured turpentine on his mattress, several books and loose papers and torched them, reports said.

The fire was under control at 6:20 a.m., Fire Director Armando Roman said, adding that the blaze was contained to the bedroom of Carton's apartment which suffered moderate damage.

A container of turpentine was found in the kitchen of Carton's second floor apartment, reports said

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... looking_at_books_and.html

Posted on: 2012/3/9 21:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017