Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: WANTED:Photo of JCFD pumping out the street in front of Healys Tavern during hurricane
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Water always finds its point of equilibrium. If you pump out a basement and the water has nowhere else to go, it'll go back into the basement.

Thats what happened in most areas in JC that flooded. Until the tide went out and allowed the storm water to flow to the Hudson, no amount of pumping would help. AFAIK the Healy bar doesn't have a basement and is on a major intersection. I've no problem with JCFD trying to clear that intersection, though it would have been pointless doing anything before the tide went out (after 8:30am Sun).

Posted on: 2011/9/5 0:29

Re: WANTED:Photo of JCFD pumping out the street in front of Healys Tavern during hurricane
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yes -- from what we saw - they only pumped the large flooded area (Newark Ave, Division Street and 5th street) - it is right in front of their firehouse -- this is right at bottom of the hill --BTW the pumping really didn't do much -- that area remained flooded out.
View Larger Map Quote:
croft wrote: the owner, patrick healy, is a jersey city firefighter...however i think the pumping was being done to the street because there were no routes safe for traffic from the heights/jsq to get into downtown besides the 139 holland tunnel extension.

View Larger Map Political insider is trying to make this into something http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... ty_fire_truck_breaks.html

Posted on: 2011/9/4 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Oh who cares. A majority of voters re-elected him. On the first go round, no less.

People get what they deserve. If they deserved better from city government they would have voted for a better mayor.

Posted on: 2011/9/4 6:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/3 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I heard they were actually pumping beer down Healy's gullet but the pumper couldn't keep up.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
the owner, patrick healy, is a jersey city firefighter...however i think the pumping was being done to the street because there were no routes safe for traffic from the heights/jsq to get into downtown besides the 139 holland tunnel extension.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
FedUp - I think there was a video posted in the "HURRICANE" thread that included footage of what you are looking for.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see the problem ??

Posted on: 2011/9/3 15:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Isnt the Healy that owns the bar a firefighter?

Could it be that if they actually were pumping out the bar, they were just doing a favor for one of their own?

Posted on: 2011/9/3 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If the JCFD truck was outside Healy's bar, then odds are they were helping him out by pumping out water. Healy has helped out the JCFD and JCPD big time with pay increases, promotions and minimal job loss. Healy see's these two departments as his personal assets when they are needed.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/3 4:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
To the last to posters.yes you are right JCFD does not pump out Basements.
Healys Does Not Have A Basement.
They are on a slab so their level is pretty much the same as the sidewalk. Bottom line is of all the streets downtown they could have pumped out they choose the spot right in front of HEALYS
TAVERN.
is it maybe because the FIRE DEPARTMENT is right across the street from HEALYS TAVERN? Not familiar with anything that happened, but the posts here make it sound like a SCANDAL. When maybe they were just pumping out the street in front of their own firehouse?

Posted on: 2011/9/3 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Beachguy~
I thought we were talking about what the F.D. did or didn't do. They DID NOT pump out the tavern which was the original post.

I agree Healy is a dead beat MORON - but stick to the post of pumping out his sons tavern. This was not a political issue of who you like and don't like.

On that note I agree with you - Healy and Lautenburg can kiss my cheeks !
I commented only because they were pumping out the fire department mostly - which is on that main intersection - so that they could get to help other people, I could give a crap about Healy and his degenerate son !

Posted on: 2011/9/3 1:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
To the last to posters.yes you are right JCFD does not pump out Basements.
Healys Does Not Have A Basement.
They are on a slab so their level is pretty much the same as the sidewalk. Bottom line is of all the streets downtown they could have pumped out they choose the spot right in front of HEALYS
TAVERN.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to disagree, but that's bullcrap. Really, Healy...how much are we supposed to take from you? I'm not sure which is worse - voting for the practically dead and certainly senile Senator Lautenberg or Healy. I really think that Lautenberg is better qualified in his job.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Fedup - I think you have the wrong impression here - yes it certainly was the "street" they were pumping out not the bar. One of the biggest fire companies is located there and they were actually making waves in their driveway to get through the water. The entire intersection of Fifth Street, Merseles Street & Newark Avenue was so bad that the cars could not get through. People were being diverted to other routes because of the horrendous flooding conditon. At one point they closed the entire intersection. The bar just happened to be across the street and I don't think that was their biggest concern.

We were told that the F.D. no longer pumps out buildings for people. So it was not the bar they pumped out, it was the street.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 23:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
No they weren't

When the FD showed up to my house after we called because we smelled gas - they showed up and said "there is nothing we can do, we don't have a pump"

E5 was dispatched to me.

A quick look shows that E5 is a PUMPER TRUCK - WTF.
http://www.fdjc.org/pdf/FireHouseAddresses.pdf

Just to be clear -
I'm not mad that they didn't pump out our basement, I'm mad that lied to our faces while pumping out healy's hut.
They should have pumped it out - there was a very stong smell of gas that 10 of us could smell and when the FD showed up they claimed they couldn't smell anything.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Wasn't the FD pumping out water everywhere?

Posted on: 2011/9/2 22:27

WANTED:Photo of JCFD pumping out the street in front of Healys Tavern during hurricane
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
While the rest of the city was underwater last weekend the Jersey City fire dept. Was helping out healys Tavern by using
A 300,000 dollar pumper to clear the street in front of Jerrys
Favorite watering hole.
Only problem was the pumper over heated and had to be towed.
Some people on the corner took pictures of the scene with their
Phones.
If anyone knows who they are or if you are the one who took the picture please PM me as I would like to get it to the proper authorities.

HEALYS TAVERN "where everybody slurs your name"

Posted on: 2011/9/2 20:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017