Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Please sign the petition to save arts at the Grove Street PATH
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nikol wrote:
The plaza is actually a public City park. Grove Pointe agreed with the City to redo the park and maintain it, but it is still a public park. So any events that happen there are happening in a public space.

Funny thing about that. The Grove Pointe developers had also agreed to tables and chairs, not unlike the Greeley Square park at the 33rd Street plaza above the PATH. Funny how those tables and chairs must have gotten lost.

Posted on: 2011/8/8 4:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/27 3:17
Group:
Registered Users
Signed - just a thought but maybe someone from the Downtown JC Historic Special Improvement District could bring a laptop with wifi card to grab petition signatures - I would but I don't have the equipment... Good luck!

Posted on: 2011/8/8 0:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/18 3:12
Group:
Registered Users
ditto!

Posted on: 2011/8/5 0:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/28 17:33
Group:
Registered Users
The plaza is actually a public City park. Grove Pointe agreed with the City to redo the park and maintain it, but it is still a public park. So any events that happen there are happening in a public space.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 0:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Signed and shared...

I also want to clarify for everyone that this is a very small, but vocal minority at Grove Pointe that want this shut down (I?ve spoken to the HDSID first hand about it). Based on my observations and conversations with neighbors, the building generally supports these events. I will do my best to help the majority become more vocal, so we keep this community space great!

Courtenay

Posted on: 2011/8/4 17:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
i signed. its stupid people complain about noise in a CITY. the only fun things going on in this city they want to take away. what prudes

Posted on: 2011/8/4 16:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
Signed and shared. If these people want to live in a ghost town, they can move.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Done.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 15:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I'm all for drowning out this guy's tv.

?I live over in Newport Towers and I think it?s a little loud on the street, especially on the weekends,? said resident Saresh Choudhury. ?Many times I have to turn my TV up louder so I can watch a movie or something."

Posted on: 2011/8/4 14:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I live near a dance studio that often has loud music that sometimes on the weekend can go to 11pm or so. Its annoying, sure... But I am completely grateful that the dance studio is there and is giving kids an opportunity to be involved with something worthwhile and enriching.

I feel like the Grove Pointe folks should choose to have a similar perspective.

I fully support this petition!

Posted on: 2011/8/4 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
signed and posted to twitter.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Are you serious? This is one of the only things that Jersey City does right. Don't take this away from us.

They shut down early enough and are not loud.

These people need to get a life.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in favor of anything in this town that helps to build a sense of community. There are few enough public spaces around here and I am delighted that the one at Grove is a place where the community can gather and interact. The faceless condo doesn't do anything to improve my quality of life, so why should I care about their sense of entitlement? What do they do for the community?

Posted on: 2011/8/4 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Heck, I live at Grove Point and you can hardly hear it all in my apartment (and yes I'm overlooking the Path). I understand that lower down right over the plaza is probably louder, but frankly it isn't even loud when you're standing outside of Starbucks, plus it ends at 9pm.

The music and markets at GP are just about the best thing going in JC and it would be a huge disappointment if it went away.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 12:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
While I'm away most of the summer and don't get a chance to attend many of the events near the Grove PATH, I do frequent the farmers market and occasional Groove on Grove when I'm in town.

My only question about this is that the petition asks that things are allowed to continue at Grove Pointe. Is that little triangle there actual property belonging to the Grove Pointe building? In which case, the folks who live there certainly have something to say. It does seem odd that the space with the PATH entrance/exit and the sidewalk area in front of the drug store and Dunkin' Donuts would be property belonging to a residential building, but in Jersey City, who knows?

If it's indeed PUBLIC space, then, while I support anyone's right to speak publicly and petition against things they find undesirable about their community, my thought is REALLY!?! Unless the Groove on Grove was groovin' until midnight, it's simply the beauty of living in an urban area.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 10:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
People who live at Grove Point have no right to complain about noise. If you want to live in the town square, you've got to be prepared to have people living and making noise all around you. Noise is the price you pay for a 50 foot walk to the PATH.

It makes about as much sense as moving to times square and asking the tourists to keep it down outside.

There are plenty of quiet streets in Jersey City. Don't try to squash the culture in the heart of the city so you can have silence.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 4:56

Please sign the petition to save arts at the Grove Street PATH

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/4 3:12
Group:
Registered Users
WHO/WHAT/WHERE:

Some Grove Pointe residents have lodged complaints with the City to eliminate community events such as Groove on Grove, Creative Grove, and the Farmer?s Market from assembling at Grove Pointe, the common area in front of the Grove Street PATH on the corner of Grove Street and Newark Avenue.

You can read more about this debate here.

WHY:

Ongoing community events such as the Groove on Grove music series, weekly Farmer?s Market, and Creative Grove are staples within the vibrant Downtown Jersey City culture and provide our neighbors with venues to buy and sell their wares and support the local music scene. Organizers of these events have taken measures to compromise on noise levels and are working with the property management of Grove Pointe Condominiums to ensure residents are comfortable.

The Historic Downtown Special Improvement District and Arts In Action, Inc. have been working to revitalize the downtown corridor as a shopping and entertainment hub and eliminating these valuable community events from Downtown Jersey City will only serve to reduce creative opportunities for our citizens.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

+ Sign the petition to preserve Grove Pointe as a destination for community events: http://www.change.org/petitions/save-jc-music
+ Share the cause on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites: http://www.facebook.com/savejcmusic
+ Post your experiences with these community events on our website: www.savejcmusic.com
+ Support the Farmer?s Market, Groove on Grove, and Creative Grove events on a weekly basis!

Posted on: 2011/8/4 3:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017