Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Puppy named Rambo finds his way back home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
I love happy endings where someone has taken the time to help someone else. Fantastic!

Posted on: 2011/7/25 3:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcHate wrote:
Only in Jersey City do you have to worry about some scumbag kidnapping your dog right after it escapes a car accident...

Seeing as the lady took the dog to Sayreville Animal hospital, I would venture to guess that this did not take place in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 15:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Glad there is a happy ending to this story.

Although JcHate's comment has some truth to it, I don't think one of our local friends tried to kidnap the dog since the accident appears to have happened outside of JC. No, I think our local friends are too busy trying to steal things that don't move......like my flower pots!

Posted on: 2011/7/20 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Oh. So glad there is a happy ending to this for everyone involved.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 0:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/27 2:37
Group:
Registered Users
We see Rambo all the time at Van Vorst park, and our little corgi loves playing with him. He is one of the nicest, most energetic dogs in the area. Really glad to hear everyone is okay and back together.

Only in Jersey City do you have to worry about some scumbag kidnapping your dog right after it escapes a car accident...

Posted on: 2011/7/19 23:45

Puppy named Rambo finds his way back home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Couple thankful to strangers for helping their puppy find his way home

Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 2:08 PM
By Catherine Weening/ The Jersey Journal

Resized Image

After surviving a potentially fatal car crash, Rambo, a six-month-old puppy, escaped from the car, wandered off, and was found after a frantic search.

A 6-month-old Jersey City pooch survived a car crash on the Turnpike and was separated from his owners for a couple days, but is now back home safe and sound.

Jersey City residents Elizabeth Blythe and her husband Eric were driving through a rainstorm on the way to the Shore on June 23 when a blue minivan shot across three lanes, heading toward their Toyota Corolla.

The Toyota slammed into the center median, then hit a tractor-trailer and struck the median again, Elizabeth Blythe said yesterday.

The crash blew out all the windows on the car and Rambo leaped out a rear window, she said.

?I was calling his name and trying to chase him,? said Elizabeth. ?But he ran into a wooded area off the Turnpike.?
The Australian shepherd wandered off to a parking lot next to a FedEx office and a mother there was trying to bring him home to her daughter.

But Tracy Ball, a local worker who had never met Rambo or the Blythes, stepped in and claimed that Rambo was her dog to keep him being taken, according to Elizabeth.

?She (Tracy) is such a nice person to both people and animals,? Elizabeth said yesterday.

Ball handed over Rambo to her vet at the Sayreville Animal Hospital, where employee Kristi McArthur took the dog home for safekeeping.

On June 25, less than 48 hours after the crash, McArthur was notified that Rambo?s rightful owners had been located and they were coming to pick him up.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 21:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017