Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Neighbor trapping cats
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Robin for looking into this.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Animal Control is NOT doing any trapping at this location. Today, Animal Control was called to Monmouth and Pavonia for a raccoon in a trap.

Please feel free to call me at 201-547-5507 or email pinkowitzr@jcnj.org and we can discuss this. I would like to get some more details and investigate what is going on.

FYI
If for any reason Animal Control needed to trap free roaming cats there would be signs posted in the neighborhood warning residents what we are doing and when we will be doing this. If there is a TNR trapping going on the same rules would apply.

CatsnDogs, I think this is best to be handled by us (me) first and will call you if we need your assistance.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Is it Jersey City Animal Control that is taking the cats or a private company?

I run the Neighborhood Feral Cat Initiative in Hudson County and I would like to speak with you about this. Can you please email me at cat@companionanimaltrust.com.

Thanks.

Carol

Posted on: 2011/6/17 19:28

Neighbor trapping cats

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/2 4:40
Group:
Registered Users
I am posting this so that neighbors with outdoor cats keep alert about a man trapping cats in the vicinity of the White Star on Pavonia Avenue. Also, people taking care of feral cats in the area should be concerned.
We feed cats in our backyard and often commented that a couple of them could be house cats, very friendly. Every once in a while, the population seems to disappear abruptly. One day we spotted a neighbor in his backyard with a trap and started getting nervous.
We discussed this with a woman who does the trap neuter return work on the block, and she told us of rumor that this neighbor of ours was trapping cats and bringing them to Newark. She was upset because she had made sure the local cats were neutered, and had also gone to great lengths to feed them over the winter through heavy snowstorms. One of the cats had a big gash on its back and she had been giving it antibiotics in its food.
Today my husband heard a cat screech loudly and looked out the window to see the man we suspected holding a trap with a cat in it. My husband ran downstairs to see the animal control truck driving away from this man's house. We have been told not to confront this man, as he is really bad news.
We\'d stop feeding them, but my husband says there is one cat left, which we call Bootsy because she is black with white paws. She is really skiddish with people and other cats, and has been living in our yard for a couple of years. I'm afraid to stop feeding her, because she may go after the food in this guys trap. Is there a way to relocate a feral cat? How can we find out what animal control is doing with these cats? Do they get paid by the animal, is this some kind of money making scheme or just a really depraved individual? The cats don't really hang out in his backyard, they are in ours most of the time and we don't mind. Thanks for the suggestions and keep an eye on your outdoor cat! If your cat is missing today, call animal control!

Posted on: 2011/6/17 18:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017