Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Sarah Palin in Jersey City?!?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/26 20:22
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Beachguy wrote: Wait. Bill O'Reilly ended the clip with saying she can be "tutored." In basic American History? When she learns to put a "g" at the end of every verb that ends with "ing" she might sound a little more credible....but I doubt it.

Yes it looks like she can be "tutored" to reach the stage of idiot at some distant point in time.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Let me remind you the first statement made by Palin:

"...[Revere] warned the British that they wont going to be taking away our arms..."

Do you admit that this statement is true?

Okay, here goes. You are either really stupid or something is getting lost in translation. Perhaps if you are Russian then it is the latter. You are now desperately trying to put "lipstick on a pig" and you are failing miserably. Your attempts at gotcha with my statements are the funniest reach I've seen in a long time as you seem to have zero reading comprehension. I would suggest we all sit back and watch your screams of protest from a distance. It's getting sad really. I can see you now hopping up and down in front of your computer. "I'M RIGHT!!! I'M RIGHT!!!"

Yes, I know, I am an idiot. And a miserable failure.

Now, with that out of the way, I do not ask for much. You make statements, you should support them. And part of supporting is answering questions of your opponent.

My questions are 100% legitimate and reasonable, - if you claim that Palin was wrong, you should be able to indicate which part of her statement contains falsity. There is no gotchas in this question, there is no logical traps.

So, could you please answer two small simple questions. Consider statement: "...[Revere] warned the British that they wont going to be taking away our arms..."

1. Is this statement true or not?
2. If it is not true, what exactly is wrong in this statement.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not pro nor anti-Palin. The mainstream media, both republican (eg FOX) and democrat (Eg:CNN), paint Sarah Palin as part of the lunatic fringe of politics.

Palin has done nothing for me to prove FOX or CNN are wrong.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
You know what, I started writing a reply to many of boris' statements, but V, I think you nailed it. It wouldn't make a difference. All we would get is capitalized DAMN and BURN and whatnot comments.

To each their own and there is a reason for my signature line.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 2:53
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Let me make it simple for you boris so you understand.

Translation: You finally realized that Paul Revere DID warn the British.

Good.

Now, before we move on to Revere's motivations, let's finish with what he did.

"...[Revere] warned the British that they wont going to be taking away our arms..."

If not, I would like an explanation of what is wrong with THIS statement.

P.S. If it helps you, you may call me names, and you may sound all superior like "hey, stupid boris, let me make it simple". It is ok. I understand. However, I would really like if you answer the question - about THIS statement. Not something else.

Okay, here goes. You are either really stupid or something is getting lost in translation. Perhaps if you are Russian then it is the latter. You are now desperately trying to put "lipstick on a pig" and you are failing miserably. Your attempts at gotcha with my statements are the funniest reach I've seen in a long time as you seem to have zero reading comprehension. I would suggest we all sit back and watch your screams of protest from a distance. It's getting sad really. I can see you now hopping up and down in front of your computer. "I'M RIGHT!!! I'M RIGHT!!!"

Posted on: 2011/6/6 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

V, give it up. There's simply no reasoning with a clown who's willing to say ""Earth revolves around the Sun" is only true in the system of reference tied to the Sun. In the system of reference tied to the Earth, it is the other way around."

THIS ! IS ! SO ! COOL !

Posted on: 2011/6/6 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Let me make it simple for you boris so you understand.

Translation: You finally realized that Paul Revere DID warn the British.

Good.

Now, before we move on to Revere's motivations, let's finish with what he did.

If not, I would like an explanation of what is wrong with THIS statement.

P.S. If it helps you, you may call me names, and you may sound all superior like "hey, stupid boris, let me make it simple". It is ok. I understand. However, I would really like if you answer the question - about THIS statement. Not something else.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Palin was wrong and so you should really stop defending her stupidity because it drags you down with her.

V, give it up. There's simply no reasoning with a clown who's willing to say ""Earth revolves around the Sun" is only true in the system of reference tied to the Sun. In the system of reference tied to the Earth, it is the other way around."

This person is so immersed in the moral relativism of supporting an idiot with the politics he likes that he can't even see the absurdity, nay obscenity, of trying to apply the same to science. It would be hysterical if it wasn't so accepted by the right that truth is whatever they say it it (or are told it is), whether it's global warming or Obama's birthplace. It's a concerted campaign of dumbing down any discussion. Saying that whether the earth revolves around the sun is relative is little more than a crime against human enlightenment,and something that Jefferson, who Boris admires, would have roundly condemned. What next, let's round Pi to 3?

I just despair sometimes....

Posted on: 2011/6/6 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Palin quoted from Foxnews today:

"Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."

Wow, she even messed up the GOP designed defense of her original f**k up!!

Nope, there was no "original f**k up". Her original statement was factually true, as we saw confirmed by none other than Paul Revere himself.

Moreover, I asked anyone who thinks it was wrong, - to explain how exactly she was mistaken, - and you can't do that! With all your intellectual superiority, - you do not even know how to argue it!

Palin may be mistaken that warning the British was one of the goals of the ride. I've seen no indication that it was.

Even so, you are not the ones to criticize her.

She may not remember it perfectly, - but at least she did read more than any of you and learned that Paul Revere tried to warn the British off. You guys closed the book in the 4th grade and never ever read anything else.

P.S. Now you can again jump up and down and scream, and call her names, - but the facts remain facts.

Let me make it simple for you boris so you understand. Just for an example lets say you are in a gang. You find out that the rival gang is coming to beat your gang's ass. Your job is to go out and warn and rouse your fellow gang members but as you are doing so you run into some of the rival gang members. Very good chance they are now going to beat your ass so what do you do? A quick thinker might say something like "don't get any ideas fellas because my boys are about to come from around that corner". Might work and might buy you some time to escape. That is what Revere basically did. Do you understand? He was not out and about to intentionally warn the Brits. He was in deep sh^t so he tried a ploy. Palin was wrong and so you should really stop defending her stupidity because it drags you down with her.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Wait. Bill O'Reilly ended the clip with saying she can be "tutored." In basic American History? When she learns to put a "g" at the end of every verb that ends with "ing" she might sound a little more credible....but I doubt it.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

"Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."

Nope, there was no "original f**k up". Her original statement was factually true, as we saw confirmed by none other than Paul Revere himself.

Moreover, I asked anyone who thinks it was wrong, - to explain how exactly she was mistaken, - and you can't do that! With all your intellectual superiority, - you do not even know how to argue it!

Palin may be mistaken that warning the British was one of the goals of the ride. I've seen no indication that it was.

Even so, you are not the ones to criticize her.

She may not remember it perfectly, - but at least she did read more than any of you and learned that Paul Revere tried to warn the British off. You guys closed the book in the 4th grade and never ever read anything else.

P.S. Now you can again jump up and down and scream, and call her names, - but the facts remain facts.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
ENOUGH! Mr. Webmaster, please kill this thread!

Posted on: 2011/6/5 23:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/26 20:22
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned

Since reading about Sarah and her slip ups, apparently she is still a hit with many, now even her current employer is fed up.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/6/5 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Hey Boris -- did you write a song about Sarah Palin?

If I did it, it would have been funny.

You guys are quite phenomenal - I mean, how boring your lives must be if you keep joking the same joke for three years now?

P.S. Just in case, you DO know that this is Tina Fey's joke, not the real Palin, right? And, while we are on the subject, you do know that these two idiots are not Russian, yes?

Posted on: 2011/6/5 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Boris -- did you write a song about Sarah Palin? ...not as funny as this one - but...

Posted on: 2011/6/5 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, let me try this one more time:

Is there anybody who is willing to try option 1 here?

P.S. Honestly, poop joke? And repeated?

Wow. If there was one thing I did not expect, - it was to find out that I overestimated the intellectual level of this attack.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Which is more difficult, shaping a sculpture out of poop or twisting Palin's words into something that makes sense? I know, you know and the world knows that she had no idea what she was talking about. Valiant effort at damage control but it's probably time to just walk away.

From a Boston paper....

Resized Image

Evacuation Day is a real thing here in Boston, and it celebrates when the British left Boston, ending an eleven month siege. Obviously it?s more obscure than Paul Revere, and even those of normal intelligence wouldn?t know about it, but I?ll never let the facts get in the way of a good poop joke, for LIBERTY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evacuation_Day_%28Massachusetts%29

Posted on: 2011/6/5 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, and Dan Quayle's spelling of "potatoe" was from some long-lost dialect.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Which is more difficult, shaping a sculpture out of poop or twisting Palin's words into something that makes sense? I know, you know and the world knows that she had no idea what she was talking about. Valiant effort at damage control but it's probably time to just walk away.

Palin: "...[Revere] warned the British that they wont going to be taking away our arms..."

Revere, relaying his conversation with the British: "He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up"

Can you explain the mistake Palin made when describing Revere's actions?

I mean, you are sophisticated person, educated, highly intellectual and very knowledgeable of history. Of course, you can't refuse a humble plea for enlightenment.

And, of course, from experience, we already know that you would never miss an opportunity to show off your intelligence. Neither are you going to miss a chance to demonstrate how stupid Palin was.

So, it's like three for the price of one bonanza.

As far as I see it, your options are:
(1) try to honestly explain the mistake she made,
(2) try to twist her words and make heavy use of "let's disregard what she did say, and let's imagine she said something more easily refutable",
(3) disappear from the conversation,
(4) continue what you are doing now: repeat the accusation without any attempt to prove it, - hoping that if you repeat it often enough, it becomes true.

Which is it going to be?

Posted on: 2011/6/5 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
oh, a thread on the internet about politics that's nearing 100 replies. now there's something you don't see every day

Posted on: 2011/6/5 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/6/5 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Boris - what is the attraction with Palin? Is it that she can see Russia from her porch? What with you being Russian and all...

I never claimed that I am attracted to her. You assumed it, based on the fact that I defend her against what is in my opinion an unfair attack.

However, it is a false logic.

Quote:
I'll bet you are loads of fun at a party. (Now I'll sit back and wait for you to tell me how much fun you are at a party and that when the earth tilts at certain angles on May 17 and November 23 you can, indeed, see Russia from Wasilla, AK.)

I can't imagine how mind-numbingly boring must be the parties you attend. I mean, - do you guys really still repeat Tina Fey's joke?

It was funny in 2008, true, - but THREE years since? Really?

And, correct me if I am wrong, - you do not just replay it in the funny way like Fey did, you deliver it as a true story with a moralizing attached at the end...

DAMN.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Boris, you've outdone yourself! again you have earned my WOW!

I can't say what leaves me more speechless, the attack on the relevance of common scientific literacy or the tortured defense of Palin's flub. Both reek of the Bolshevik habit of claiming "the truth is whatever WE say it is, not what you think you know."

Nope, this dog doesn't hunt.

Fact is - Palin statement was 100% confirmed by none other than Paul Revere himself. She said that he warned the British that colonists will not give away their guns, - and this is exactly what he did.

Moreover, his confirmation is not of sorts like "he said A, from that we can conclude B, and it means that C is pleaibles".

No, Revere's own version of facts is basically verbatim what Palin said.

Now, if we have an expert among us on "what Bolsheviks did", it would be me. And, as an expert, - they usually did what you do now.

However, I want to draw your attention to the fact that when THEY tried to smear their opponent, and deny the facts, - they relied on monopolizing the access to the information.

In a situation like this, they would ban any book that quotes Revere. You have no such opportunity. You can't deny us access to the facts. You can't substitute your own. Which is why I provide quotes, and you provide only invectives.

The only people who you can persuade are the ones who are already deep in your "Eastasia always was at war with Oceania" world.

Why bother?

Quote:
BTW, I don't believe I'm smarter than the American masses, but I do believe I know more, at least about most things but sports. Calling an ignorant person dumb is like calling a car with an empty tank slow, it may well be but you'll never know until you fill it.

Oh, I never said "it is wrong to think you are smarter than others". I myself often think so.

Your problem is not that you think you are smarter. You problem is that you think that means you are better.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Borisp and Adonis,

I encourage you to donate as much of your money and resources as you possibly can to the Sarah Palin campaign fund. Seriously. All the best.

I will happily match.

Boris - what is the attraction with Palin? Is it that she can see Russia from her porch? What with you being Russian and all... I'll bet you are loads of fun at a party. (Now I'll sit back and wait for you to tell me how much fun you are at a party and that when the earth tilts at certain angles on May 17 and November 23 you can, indeed, see Russia from Wasilla, AK.)

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Funny. So, it turns out that Palin was 100% correct, and that Paul Revere DID warn the British that colonists will not allow to take their guns.

Turns out that all the people who were talking how stupid Palin was, - learned history from some sort of Cliff Notes, that dedicated no more than 2 lines to the whole story.

Now... what would a cliff-note-educated intellectual do, when it was reveled how wrong he was? Apologize? NO! NO WAY! They will defend their feeling of intellectual superiority!

And the best part? Look at HOW they defend it! Look the amazing IDEA of this defense.

"Since we never learned more than a 4th grade story - this version must be considered the truth and the whole truth!"

Pathetic.

My God what a reach. That is truly pathetic. Lick your wounds and go home.

Let's review the facts:

1. Palin made a statement that was 100% factually correct.

2. A bunch of half-educated people who did not know History beyond a couple of lines in 4th grade book ridiculed her for being ignorant.

3. The facts confirming her version were revealed.

4. The people who ridiculed her unrolled a phenomenal defense "History is HOW WE LEARNED it, and facts do not matter".

Cool. It was not enough to reveal that your claims to intellectual and educational superiority are based on nothing at all. You had to pull a full-blown Orwell.

Not only this is the best burn I saw for the "we are intellectuals" crowd, not only it is totally self-inflicted, - but you actually intend to dig deeper!

Well, make my day.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Borisp and Adonis,

I encourage you to donate as much of your money and resources as you possibly can to the Sarah Palin campaign fund. Seriously. All the best.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Boris, you've outdone yourself! again you have earned my WOW!

I can't say what leaves me more speechless, the attack on the relevance of common scientific literacy or the tortured defense of Palin's flub. Both reek of the Bolshevik habit of claiming "the truth is whatever WE say it is, not what you think you know."

BTW, I don't believe I'm smarter than the American masses, but I do believe I know more, at least about most things but sports. Calling an ignorant person dumb is like calling a car with an empty tank slow, it may well be but you'll never know until you fill it.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

==============================

The Sad Defense of Sarah Palin?s Botched History

E.D. Kain/AMERICAN TIMES
Forbes
Jun. 4 2011

Funny. So, it turns out that Palin was 100% correct, and that Paul Revere DID warn the British that colonists will not allow to take their guns.

Turns out that all the people who were talking how stupid Palin was, - learned history from some sort of Cliff Notes, that dedicated no more than 2 lines to the whole story.

Now... what would a cliff-note-educated intellectual do, when it was reveled how wrong he was? Apologize? NO! NO WAY! They will defend their feeling of intellectual superiority!

And the best part? Look at HOW they defend it! Look the amazing IDEA of this defense.

"Since we never learned more than a 4th grade story - this version must be considered the truth and the whole truth!"

Pathetic.

My God what a reach. That is truly pathetic. Lick your wounds and go home.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

==============================

The Sad Defense of Sarah Palin?s Botched History

E.D. Kain/AMERICAN TIMES
Forbes
Jun. 4 2011

Pathetic.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 2:12

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017