Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: POLL: What to do at a stop when the other driver won't take their right-of-way?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I am one of the morons that take my time when I have the STOP sign and slow down when I have the right of way through an intersection with a STOP sign.(I go slow but don?t stop so maybe I am half a moron) Getting T-boned on a Downtown street is NOT fun believe me my poor car knows. (I really loved that car and miss her) Also how can you actually trust that a JC driver will stop at a STOP sign? I rather piss the people off behind me than get T-boned again! Oh yeah another problem is the cars and van?s parked illegally on the corner?s ..too hard to see what?s coming. (in my accident at least the coppers ticketed the illegally parked van)

Happy driving.

I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that philosophy. Everyone should definitely STOP where indicated. I just hate when people who do obey the law just sit there and allow all the dangerous, non-compliants to buzz through car after car. Safety first but you have to make your move or you'll be eaten alive.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 17:27

Re: POLL: What to do at a stop when the other driver won't take their right-of-way?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I am one of the morons that take my time when I have the STOP sign and slow down when I have the right of way through an intersection with a STOP sign.(I go slow but don?t stop so maybe I am half a moron) Getting T-boned on a Downtown street is NOT fun believe me my poor car knows. (I really loved that car and miss her) Also how can you actually trust that a JC driver will stop at a STOP sign? I rather piss the people off behind me than get T-boned again! Oh yeah another problem is the cars and van?s parked illegally on the corner?s ..too hard to see what?s coming. (in my accident at least the coppers ticketed the illegally parked van)

Happy driving.

You have a point about the people who ignore stops creating those who stop everywhere, but that does nothing to explain the people who simply don't know the rules at a multiway stop. Even if they have licenses they obviously never actually learned this stuff.

Heights, fat chance of getting a "careless driving" ticket in JC. I once got one in Lyndhurst for doing a U turn in an intersection at midnight in an empty street. THEY know how to mine cash!! Here, you can do anything. My personal top peeve is ignoring turn lanes, I got hit by a "black car" who went straight from the L turn lane going E at Montgomery & Jersey. A cop at Monmouth & Columbus could issue tickets as fast a he could write them.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I enjoy coming to a full and complete stop to piss off the cars behind me.
As for a 4-way intersection, you're supposed to yield to the driver on the right but since no one knows this, I try to make eye contact with the other driver.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Happy driving.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
A. "New" Drivers Welcome to N.J. or the U.S.A. for that matter.
B. Too Polite "I'll think I'll wait"
C. Just Plain Dopey "Uh what should I do" ?
I think tickets should be given out for being absented minded. It's called careless driving; 2 points. Wake up you're driving a 2 ton piece of steel try be mindful and act like !
This reminds me of the dummy that kept hitting his brakes and gas pedal at a blinking red light. Stop, Go, Stop, Go, Stop, Go.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Honk three times, high beam twice, then do the Chinese fire drill with my pants down. Everyone will stop, and you can proceed safely.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I usually give them a wave thru if I think they have right of way. If they don't ack the wave or wave me back, I take it.

Posted on: 2011/4/25 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I often see feeble drivers at a 2-way Stop sign just letting car after car go as they sit there trembling. It drives me nuts. Like we have been saying here for years, "first in, first out".

Posted on: 2011/4/25 22:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/11 17:26
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Sometimes I'll honk to tell them to go, but most often I just take the right of way. Idiots here stop when they don't need to and don't when there are supposed to (they have a stop sign and run it) Don't try and figure them out.....

Posted on: 2011/4/25 22:43

POLL: What to do at a stop when the other driver won't take their right-of-way?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
This drives me crazy, and you can't drive 5 minutes in JC without the experience. You're waiting at a stop sign and some moron stops even though they don't have a sign, or doesn't know when to take their turn, grinding the whole right-of-way system to a halt. I usually hold up my hands palm upwards shaking my head and mouthing "what the %$$#@ are you doing!" till they move. I occasionally just go, but now I'm considering a change of policy and just take the right of way offered by this ignoramus every time, as the path of least resistance. It may lower my blood pressure a point.

What do YOU do?

Posted on: 2011/4/25 22:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017