Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSE&G inspecting light poles and replacing missing plates after dog is nearly electrocuted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cyclotronic wrote:
Next time it could be a child instead of a dog.

Oh no - you didn't just insinuate that a child is more important than a dog, did you???? That should fill up the rest of the day...

Posted on: 2011/3/3 20:22

Re: PSE&G inspecting light poles and replacing missing plates after dog is nearly electrocuted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'd guess that the number of access panels missing from light poles in Jersey City numbers in the hundreds. PSE&G needs to be more proactive about this and not wait for residents to call to report them. I can think of ones in my neighborhood that have been missing for 5+ years. Next time it could be a child instead of a dog.

Posted on: 2011/3/3 20:20

PSE&G inspecting light poles and replacing missing plates after dog is nearly electrocuted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Hoboken is inspecting light poles and replacing missing plates after dog is nearly electrocuted

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

HOBOKEN - The near electrocution of a dog in Church Square Park has spurred Hoboken to repair light poles that are missing the plate that covers the electrical wiring.

A city spokesman announced yesterday that all the light poles in Church Square Park have been checked and caution tape has been placed around the poles that are missing the metal plate, which apparently have been stolen for scrap metal. Repairs will be performed as soon as possible, city spokesman Juan Melli said.

On Thursday, a bull mastiff named Teddy Bear was injured while urinating on the pole in the park and coming into contact with some exposed wires.

Melli said the city is working with PSE&G to check light poles throughout the city and is aiming to have new plates made with a locking system.

If a light pole is missing its plate, it can be reported to Environmental Services at (201) 420-2049.

JOURNAL STAFF

Posted on: 2011/3/2 16:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017