Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Murder Map
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

krizstyling wrote:
Brewster, exactly!

I have lived in the Heights 5 years and I love it. I'm also not afraid to walk home at night. I get pretty upset when most of my friends downtown try to talk me into moving downtown because it's "safer". I'm not sure by who's standards, I sometimes think they believe that there are people shooting up on my doorstep or something. =/

I agree with you but to an extent though. It depends on which side of the Heights, different element here and there. But hey it really doesn't matter where you are anybody can be a sitting duck with all these quacks running around town. Obviously better neighborhoods do reap a better quality of life.

Clearly the gangbangers get around a bit as the Downtown murders attest, but they do tend to shit where they eat in their own hoods where the gangs are doing their "bidness". So the fact that there were no gang fatalities in the Heights either points to low gang activity or gangs that are more businesslike and less bloodthirsty ala the traditional Mafia. Either is better than what's going on in Lafayette & eastern Greenville.

Posted on: 2011/1/7 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

krizstyling wrote:
Brewster, exactly!

I have lived in the Heights 5 years and I love it. I'm also not afraid to walk home at night. I get pretty upset when most of my friends downtown try to talk me into moving downtown because it's "safer". I'm not sure by who's standards, I sometimes think they believe that there are people shooting up on my doorstep or something. =/

I agree with you but to an extent though. It depends on which side of the Heights, different element here and there. But hey it really doesn't matter where you are anybody can be a sitting duck with all these quacks running around town. Obviously better neighborhoods do reap a better quality of life.

Posted on: 2011/1/6 22:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 21:16
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster, exactly!

Posted on: 2011/1/6 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Interesting. To me the biggest takeaway is how safe the Heights is despite the complaints of some on the board. Only 2, and one of those is fratricide, which arguably has nothing to do with the neighborhood. The 2 downtown are both the result of non-downtowners settling their differences in our neighborhood. I guess that's relatively good as long as we're not caught in the crossfire.

I'd like to know how to change it to show a 2 or 5 year span.

Posted on: 2011/1/6 22:19

Murder Map
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
The new Murder Map is out for Hudson County. Jersey City is the star, especially west of the Turnpike.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... on_county_murder_map.html

Click on the highlighted words "Murder Map" in the text for details.

Posted on: 2011/1/6 22:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017