Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Heights: Landlord faces charges after ordering friend of basement tenant out of shower at gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City landlord faces multiple charges after ordering friend of tenant out of shower at gunpoint, police say

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Jersey City landlord who found the friend of a tenant inside the tenant's apartment was arrested on charges he forced the man out of the shower and onto the street at gunpoint because he apparently thought he was an intruder, officials said yesterday.

Leroy S. Reaves, 59, of Concord Street, was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, burglary and weapons offenses when arrested after the 2 p.m. incident in his building's basement apartment Friday, reports said.

Arriving officers found the 31-year-old victim shaking and hysterically yelling, "He's got a gun. He put it to my head," reports said.

The victim said he was in the shower when he heard someone yelling "Who's in there?" and he jumped out of the shower to find Reaves pointing a gun at him, reports said.

The victim said Reaves forced him to put some clothes on and once in the kitchen pressed the gun against him saying "Make this easy on me, pick up that knife," reports said, adding that the victim refused.

The tenant who has rented the basement apartment from Reaves for 12 years said Reaves and Reaves' wife were notified that his friend would be staying with him, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2010/10/19 13:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017