Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSEG - Residential Whole House Efficiency Program
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
I have done insulation work on a few condos in the area. My company got locked out of the 1 - 4 family market because PSE&G was handed a monopoly for all the Urban Enterprise Zones by the Board of Public Utilities. To participate in a rebate program, you can only go through PSE&G.

Best of my knowledge there are currently no rebate programs available for condo building over 4 units.. other than saving on your heating bills.

Quote:

scrappe7 wrote:
Tried to have this done for our condo but PSE&G won;t come out since we live in a 14 unit condo building. Referred me to a few pther places but nobody wants to cover a condo, only single family or 1-4 multi-families. Anyone have any luck with this on the condo side?

Posted on: 2010/10/19 14:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/9 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
Tried to have this done for our condo but PSE&G won;t come out since we live in a 14 unit condo building. Referred me to a few pther places but nobody wants to cover a condo, only single family or 1-4 multi-families. Anyone have any luck with this on the condo side?

Posted on: 2010/10/19 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
to clarify, the boiler was part of step 3. They covered all the labor (four additional guys on a separate day) and the interest, and I think it was at a reduced cost.

Posted on: 2010/10/17 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
We did it last fall/winter, and it is/was AWESOME. There were many people working on our building for several days. Our bills have gone way down. We had a weird period of adjusting to how quiet and still the air became in our apartment. Helped us realize how drafty it had been! Suddenly our heat worked a LOT better. We ended up getting a new boiler for the building because our rating came back as a really inefficient. No interest payments spread over a couple years, and it was still cheaper than actually getting our boiler exhaust vent system up to code. We would love to take advantage of the next step which would be getting new windows, but it's beyond our budget right now. HOpefully the program will still be around when we have the money for it.

Posted on: 2010/10/17 4:20

PSEG - Residential Whole House Efficiency Program
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
My sister, who lives in Trenton, just had her local PSEG office come out for a home inspection and received lots of free and/or subsidized benefits and upgrades. I was wondering whether anyone here in JC had gone through Step 3 - and if so, what was the outcome? Thank you!

Copying/pasting from PSEG's website:
----------------------

PSE&G will provide eligible homeowners or tenants with energy saving services in three simple steps:

Step One of the program includes a FREE in-home energy audit and the installation of 10 energy efficient light bulbs.

Step Two of the program includes free home health and safety testing and up to eight hours of free weatherization services including air-sealing, caulking, weather-stripping, and a programmable thermostat.

In Step Three, PSE&G will provide customers with a detailed audit report explaining the results of their energy audit and provide energy savings upgrades that PSE&G can help customers install in their home.

If a customer chooses to pursue Step Three, PSE&G will provide cost estimates for the work. PSE&G will pay 100% of the cost of the upgrades upfront. The customer (or landlord) repays either 20% or 50% of the total cost, depending on household income.

Posted on: 2010/10/17 3:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017