Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Migratory Bird Sightings?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 17:57
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen them around, and have observed some odd behavior. One evening, around 11 pm I had my back storm door open, and looked over just as one of them quickly flew into, and then away from the door, about 6 inches from where I was standing. Now birds do some dumb things, flying into windows and all, but you don't usually see this kind of thing so late at night.

A couple of days later, I was at work in Newark, walking toward my office building when one of them briefly landed on my leg (I stopped walking when I saw it flying toward me) and then quickly flew away. That one was a bit of a shock.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 21:16

Re: Migratory Bird Sightings?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Yes - they are Common Yellowthroats. See them quite a bit in Liberty State Park. Speaking of which, there was an Avocet in the park for a couple days last week.

Posted on: 2010/10/14 20:04

Migratory Bird Sightings?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen some unusual birds in JC over the past few weeks. Little tawney colored birds with yellow breasts have been flying around by the Embankment. The males have a black "facemask" around their eyes and the females do not. I'm fairly certain they're Common Yellowthroats. They had one stuck inside Shopright this morning while I was there and I got an up close view of the traumatized little male. They're pretty birds and it's fun to see something different flying around.

Posted on: 2010/10/14 19:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017