Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: FORMER JERSEY CITY MOTHER'S BONES FOUND IN NORTH CAROLINA BOYFRIEND'S BACKPACK
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/26 19:21
Group:
Registered Users
Sick

Posted on: 2010/9/27 20:37

Re: Safer out in the country? JERSEY CITY MOTHER'S BONES FOUND IN NORTH CAROLINA BOYFRIEND'S BACKPACK
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/18 14:37
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
Whats up with the title "Safer out in the country"? Durham is not country, its a small city of 230,000 people.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 15:23

FORMER JERSEY CITY MOTHER'S BONES FOUND IN NORTH CAROLINA BOYFRIEND'S BACKPACK
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
HER BONES IN HIS BAG
Man indicted in murder of Jersey-born woman

Monday, September 27, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Authorities have indicted a North Carolina man for murder after discovering the bones of a former Jersey City woman in his backpack.

Michael Dorman II, 32, of Mebane, N.C., has been held on $1 million bail since July when the Durham County District Attorney's Office charged him with failing to report a death.

But earlier this month, he was indicted for killing Lakeia Boxley, 33, a mother of three.

"He (Dorman) cut her body up and put it in a bag and had her remains in his house," said Latifah White, Boxley's sister. "I'm having nightmares about this. I shake in my bed. I'm reaching out for help."

Boxley moved from Jersey City, where she was born, to Durham, N.C., in 1987, but lived in both Jersey City and Durham over the next two decades. Boxley was reported missing by her mother in Durham in March 2008.

A friend of Dorman's called the Orange County Sheriff's Office this summer saying Dorman had asked him to dispose of the bones, authorities said.

The friend cooperated with police and was under surveillance when he accepted the bag of bones from Dorman on July 14, officials said.

Prosecutors said Dorman told the friend he met a prostitute in Durham and gave her money for sex and crack cocaine, but he became agitated and shot her with a shotgun, according to local press reports.

White said last week that Dorman and her sister had an ongoing relationship.

"They called my sister a prostitute and that's not true," White said. "Both (Boxley and Dorman) had drug problems. He bit my sister on the leg, my mother said it was a very bad bite. My sister stabbed him and somehow they got back together again," White said.

White, who was born in Jersey City but now lives in North Charleston, S.C., said her sister attended School 12 in Jersey City.

She said Boxley's bones have been cremated and she was to pick up the cremains from a funeral home on Friday.

"I would like to know why he (Dorman) killed her, how he met her, and what were my sister's last words," White said. "I want him to know he took someone very important from us. I want him to know she had people who loved her."

=====================

Sister wants to aid Boxley's kids

Monday, September 27, 2010

Lakeia Boxley's sister said she's applying for $30,000 from the North Carolina's victim's compensation fund, and wants the money to go to Boxley's three children.

The money is awarded to pay for such things as funeral services, said Latifah White, Boxley's sister, who has been in contact with New Jersey child services officials to reach out to two of Boxley's children, a boy and a girl, who she says were adopted out of Jersey City.

White, who lost contact with her sister about seven years ago, is trying to locate the other child, who she believes is in foster care in the Durham area.

"I'd like the kids to have the money," White said. "I'd like to see her kids have some money put away for college."

White is asking people to call (877) 288-9658, pin number 1568, in an effort to find the adoptive family.

JOURNAL STAFF

Posted on: 2010/9/27 15:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017