Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown Jersey City's Westin Hotel hosts viewing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
embarrassing topic/news ... had it been jersey shore ... now that would have been ...

Posted on: 2010/7/28 0:29

Re: Downtown Jersey City's Westin Hotel hosts viewing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
WGAFF?

Posted on: 2010/7/27 11:30

Downtown Jersey City's Westin Hotel hosts viewing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City's Westin Newport Hotel hosts viewing of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" episode in which hotel is featured location

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
By PATRICK VILLANOVA
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City took center stage last night, at least for a few minutes, on Bravo's hit reality series "The Real Housewives of New Jersey."

In the episode, Teresa Giudice, one of the show's stars, and her husband Joe are seen celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary in style at the elegant Westin Jersey City Newport hotel.

About halfway through the hourlong show, the couple is hovering above the Jersey City waterfront in a helicopter and then dining in the Westin's high-rolling Presidential Suite. Priced at $2,000 per night, the luxurious room offers breathtaking views of the Lower Manhattan skyline and the Jersey City waterfront.

Giudice and her husband, who filed for bankruptcy in October, owe nearly $11 million. The Real Housewife will even be forced to auction off furnishings from her Towaco mansion next month.

"Joe was a real nice guy and she (Teresa) was as sweet as can be," said Bob McIntosh, the hotel's director of sales and marketing.

Some of the show's loyal fans came out last night for a viewing party at the hotel's Half Moon Lounge, while dozens of others sat at the bar and socialized while the hit reality show aired on a massive projection screen in the background.

"I don't watch the show, but I've heard so much about it," said Yralda Fernandez.

In addition to New Jersey-inspired drink specials, the hotel offered a complimentary buffet, which included some of the plates the Guidices indulged in on their special night. Guests were treated to gourmet beet salad, sushi and barbecue-glazed chicken wings.

Although the hotel originally planned to hold a How Jersey Are You costume contest with prizes for Biggest Jersey Hair and a Real Housewives look-a-like contest, no contestants entered.

"I just started watching it and now I'm hooked. It's the biggest train wreck ever," said Jale Banay, who grew up in North Bergen and was with some friends. "It's stupid girl stuff. It's fun to watch them."

Posted on: 2010/7/27 11:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017