Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Volleyball Players in Peninsula Park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
Probably not the smartest idea to BBQ on all of that dead grass. The whole peninsula is a tinderbox right now. I was waiting for the whole park to become a wildfire. Is Dancing Tony in the "Hey, It's Jersey City" videos?

Posted on: 2010/7/6 19:48

Re: Volleyball Players in Peninsula Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Every weekend, I see a bunch of volleyball players at Peninsula Park. I'm just wondering who these people are? I've never actually seen these people in the neighborhood, and they all seem to arrive by car.

You obviously don't know who "Dancing Tony" is, who organizes Groove on Grove and has the best known blog listing of art, music, and other cultural events in JC. Tony conducts volleyball at Peninsula Park most weekends. Here's his site and info on today:

Quote:
Dancing Tony wrote:

Jersey City may be cutting it's budget on Fireworks (actually, they have been canceled) but that doesn't equate to us cancelling the annual July 4th BBQ and Volleyball. NOPE, it means another DIY opportunity in Jersey City.

Jersey City Festival of Lights Party
BBQ | Volleyball | Karaoke | Dance party
Noon to Doom. (set-up at 11 am)

Folks here's what we need to do, without burning down half of Jersey City, we need to illiminate the coast. So bring flash lights, colored lights, glow sticks, and think abourt a way that we let launch a giant, illuminated balloon to let Macy's know that we blew our fireworks money on crack. :) JC's infamous Illuminiationist NORM FRANCOUR filling the minivan. I plan to bring a generator so we have a power source.

If all goes according to pplans once ducks comes, we will have an illuminated, karaoke, dance party on the waterfront.

WHAT TO BRING (text me or message below)

Bring Games :
We have the volleyball net set up, but only 12 people can play at once so check your parents garage for :

Horseshoes, Paddleball, Bocce, Frisbee

Bring Food for the BBQ:

We will have two grills :

I am marinating a coupel of london broils and veggies for the griil. Burgers and Hot Dogs are covered, but how about some chicken, or somefunky type of sausages, beggoes burgers ? or better yet help cook.

Bring something to drink :

I am bringing two cases of water and soda, and making some lemonade. Jersey City Police frown upong bringing a keg to teh park so use your f*cking brain folks and maybe make some punch. also we will most likely Big Red Plastic cups 16oz.

Help DJ ?
Help Clean-up ?
Help Norm set-up his lights ?

If you haven't gotten the point yet, if your idea of contributing to a group is just showing up with a pack of cigarettes, do me a favor and find another BBQ. Thanks I love you Jersey City but it's time you got your sh+t together

Message up on what you can Bring.
973-219-9696 cell

--
Dancing Tony
Jersey City Department of Love and Leisure
www.rockitdocket.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dancingtony
www.fifty8.com

Posted on: 2010/7/5 2:28
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Volleyball Players in Peninsula Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Every weekend, I see a bunch of volleyball players at Peninsula Park. I'm just wondering who these people are? I've never actually seen these people in the neighborhood, and they all seem to arrive by car.

Posted on: 2010/7/5 1:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017