Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car booted - no outstanding tickets, when can they legally boot?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/9 15:42
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
I just came from the parking authority....

I'm in the same boat. My car was hit and run swideswiped, it's in the repair shop, and they gave me a rental car. The rental has NY plates, and I know from reading JClist, as well as observing out of state plate cars booted all the time around here, I need to be really careful.

So, I went up there to buy visitor permits today.

Here's the interesting part. I said to her..."well I'll just take the visitor's passes, since the rental has NY plates, and I don't want to take any chances with it getting booted around here. I know how quickly out of state cars, even without previous violations, get booted." ...

And no kidding, she kind of chuckled, with a guilty smile/smirk ...and she said....."um....yeah".

So, my advice, contact Fulop's office, he's been trying to fight this illegal booting thing for a while now, and demand some action. From my point of view today, they KNOW what they are doing is illegal, but yet continue to do it.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
save your energy. you will get absolutely nowhere. i promise you.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 19:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Were these legal conditions under which my car could have been booted? Do I have any recourse? Will the technicality of the wrong license plate # and incorrectly filled out form get me anywhere?

Legal conditions?? lol.....

There's no such thing in Jersey City.

You're just lucky you weren't towed.....

In Jersey City, when it comes to parking tickets, you're **GUILTY** until you can **prove** you're innocence.

You'll probably gonna have to pay the tix first, then go fight it, then fight for a refund, which can take six months.

Keep in mind that the city is short of cash, so any way then can get it......

Posted on: 2010/4/14 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
wouldn't be surprised if they targeted rental cars, especially out-of-towners, knowing you won't be around to fight it.

I've had a zipcar unfairly ticketed. zipcar just pays the ticket and bills the customer, no questions asked. easy money for JCPA.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 18:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 22:00
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Does your rental car have NJ plates? I'm not sure what the rules on booting are but an old roommate had FL plates and his car got booted right away whereas other cars just got tickets.

Doubt the mistake on the license plate # will hold up since the letters are close and could have just been mis-interpreted in translation. But hey, I'm no expert.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 18:03

Car booted - no outstanding tickets, when can they legally boot?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/1 19:42
Group:
Registered Users
I parked my rental car on the street in a Zone 5 2hr parking spot yesterday, and put a properly scratched off temporary parking pass in the window. I forgot to go out this morning and put a new pass in the window, and when I went out, the car was booted with one ticket on the windshield. Ticket fine was $42, boot fine was $110.

Additionally, while trying to get the boot removed (over the phone), it turns out a number of details were wrong on the boot notification form. License plate # was wrong (a Z instead of a 7) and there was no P.E.O. ID #.

Were these legal conditions under which my car could have been booted? Do I have any recourse? Will the technicality of the wrong license plate # and incorrectly filled out form get me anywhere?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 17:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017