Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gourmet food market coming this summer to Downtown condo tower - 77 Hudson
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/11 8:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/19 20:33
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Another fan of Basic Foods in Hoboken. We've been going there for years, even after we left Hoboken for JC Heights. The prices can be very reasonable, because certain items (cereal, tea) go on sale regularly.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:35
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I love Basic in Hoboken the best. Amazing selections, everything is always fresh (unlike outdated merch on GoE's shelves). Can be pricey but you get what you pay for.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1djcview wrote:
... For shelf goods Hoboken Farm Boy is much more affordable and they have a fresh juice bar, also priced fairly...

Hoboken Farm Boy also has nice cheap vegetarian chili and other dishes to eat at their juice bar.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Garden of Eden is low on my list. Their prices are worse than Whole Foods. In Hoboken, I can get Green and Black chocolate for 2/3 the price at one of the Mom and Pop health food shops. I'd rather go to Sobsey's and get locally grown specialty produce. For shelf goods Hoboken Farm Boy is much more affordable and they have a fresh juice bar, also priced fairly.

If this place delivered quality, fresh, local produce; bulk organic dry goods; organic animal products; and good specialty items at competitive prices, I will shop there.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 6:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I guess I should be happy, but I was really hoping for something like Garden of Eden. GoE is an existing chain that most of us know, sells good stuff, and has an ok cost value ratio. Hard to know what this independent will amount to. Time will tell. But isn't it time for JC to have well known "natural" grocer to come in, as in Garden of Eden, Whole Foods or Wegmans?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 4:29

Gourmet food market coming this summer to Downtown condo tower - 77 Hudson
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gourmet food market coming this summer to Downtown Jersey City condo tower

By The Jersey Journal
February 22, 2010, 5:00PM

Resized Image
Gourmet market will open this summer at 77 Hudson St.
A 6,000-square-foot gourmet market is expected to open at 77 Hudson St., Downtown Jersey City, this summer, developer K. Hovnanian announced today.

The retail condominium space was bought by the Hudson Greene Market, an independent "full-service" grocery store that wil be located at the corner of Hudson and Grand streets. The store will offer organic meats, a bakery with fresh bread and French pastries, a Nespresso coffee shop, and prepared take-out dinners.

?The opportunity to serve the growing 77 Hudson community and surrounding Paulus Hook neighborhood by being the first one-stop gourmet grocer is thrilling,? said Ariel Zaurov, proprietor of Hudson Greene Market.

?The superb location and CetraRuddy?s extraordinary design attracted enormous interest in the retail space,? said Tom Graham, Senior Community Manager of 77 Hudson. ?We believe that Hudson Greene Market will add another element of convenience to an already unparalleled package of amenities and services that make up the 77 Hudson lifestyle.?

The 48-story glass condo tower is one of two making up the complex that was constructed with about 10,000 square feet of ground floor area for retail space. K. Hovnanian owned the 77 Hudson Tower and Equity Residential owns the other at 70 Greene St.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 2:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017