Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Acme to shut supermarket serving Jersey City, Bayonne
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(this JJ piece probably doesn?t affect a lot of peeps on this site, but it did ring a bell with me. Nice place to run into to get a few items. If you didn?t know it already the supermarket scenes from the film The Wrestler were shot in the JC Acme. (I see there is a thread about JC movies) I often wonder if some of the people in the scenes were actors or real JC/Bayonne folks. The lady ordering the chicken is great! It?s across from Hudson Lanes Bowling on Garfield.)

Acme to shut supermarket serving Jersey City, Bayonne
Friday, January 08, 2010

Jersey City and Bayonne will lose the Acme supermarket on the border of the two municipalities.

But a grocery store will still occupy the Garfield Avenue location.

Gail Street, director of communications for Acme, said the store is being sold to an independent owner and operator.

Acme will close its doors at the location Feb. 6.

Street said employees will be given a choice of other Acme stores in which they can work.

Employees were notified of the closing yesterday. Signs will be placed in the store to alert customers, she said.

Street said she could not disclose the name of the future owner at this time.

She said the store is the only one in the state being sold.

"We do regular checkups of our organization to see what's viable and what's the most viable for our business," she said. "This is just a regular survey of our inventory."

She said the slow market and several other factors contributed to the company's decision to close the Jersey City location.

MELISSA HAYES

PS- Don?t know if it was posted but there was an early morning robbery of the DD in the strip mall lot over by that Acme the other day. It took me a while to figure out the ?nearly nine dozen dollars? line. But it turns out later in the piece it says the guy got away with $105 ?get it. Way to go JJ! (I surprised the robber didn?t say ?Gimme all you gots? he must have been an out of Towner)

Hit by robber after opening

A robber stole nearly nine dozen dollars from a Dunkin' Donuts store in Jersey City near the Bayonne border early yesterday, officials said.
Police responded to the store at 2 Garfield Ave. after the 5:20 a.m. robbery. Employees said a short time after opening a man wearing a white mask came in and began placing an order before yelling, "Give me the money," reports said. ???.

Buy/support the JJ.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 15:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017