Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: FedEx

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
one thing to remember about Fed Ex is that if it's going by Fed-Ex ground they contract out routes to drivers and well get by by not treating them very well since they are 'independent contracters so your package will be treated very differently if going by FedEx air or ground.

Posted on: 2010/5/12 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
you might have to call corporate office or maybe get channel 5 Arnold Diaz involved. "shame on you" lol
I cant believe that they actually had the balls to say
"between houses, under white bags and wood" on the notice.

Posted on: 2010/5/12 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Did you call FedEx to put in a complaint about this incident & show them the letter that was left.

hell yeah. got the driver's manager on the phone and gave her an earful. she was unimpressed. a strongly-worded letter will follow, which I'm sure will be ignored.

double-digit unemployment, and this assclown still has a job. unbelievable.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Fedex is in the hands of incompetents and thieves. I had a package of personal stuff sent ground from my mom in FL. I've had a fedex account for years and used ground often, but never noticed the default for ground is no signature, but you actually have to open the "special services" tab to find this out. The day of the big Thursday blizzard at the end of Feb I was home, but got an email confirmation saying the package was left by the garbage cans. We have no garbage cans anywhere on the street, but we do have an outer unlocked door before the inner locked one, and this is where no signature deliveries by UPS are always left. The stuff was gone, and Fedex refused to come and see that the drivers story was complete BS. He either stole it or ditched it so speed up the route in difficult weather. Last year my wife sent my sister the Ipod she left, and she received an empty envelope. Their personnel are thieves, and they've lost my business.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 20:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 18:05
Group:
Registered Users
We had UPS drop off a package which required a signature. They left it with no signature, I arrived 30 minutes after it was dropped off, and gone. Inside were 2 tickets to see Pearl Jam at MSG next week. According to Ticketmaster, they cancelled these tickets and will have new ones for me at will call. It took 5 calls with ticketmaster, had to file a police report, UPS did an invstigation, I think? They never got back to us and kind of walked away from any responsibility. What a trainwreck. The only consolation is that whoever has our original tickets will realize they are useless.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Did you call FedEx to put in a complaint about this incident & show them the letter that was left.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I was away all weekend, and returned to find a note from FedEx that on Friday, they left a package for me.

immediately to the left of my house is a bodega, with a friendly man who will happily sign for deliveries.

to the right of me is an abandoned house, with a mountain of garbage piled in front of it. guess where the FedEx guy thought to leave my package? (which, btw, required a signature.)

the note on the FedEx slip said the box was left, and this is a word-for-word quote: "between houses, under white bags and wood."

so from Friday til today, a box containing keepsakes from a recently deceased aunt sat outside, under a wet mound of rotting garbage.

way to go, FedEx.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I'm waiting for FedEx right this minute. They're supposed to deliver by 3 pm, so I've basically been just waiting around all day.

If I go downstairs and find one of those "we missed you..." tags, I'm going to scream.

Guess I'd better go check.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 17:45
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
I can relate for sure. I just so happen to be employed by UPS, although I work in the air division at EWR, and when I order things online I try to use UPS. I'm not biased, really! I've just had better luck with UPS, hate the FedEx drive-by's!!! UPS normally has the same drivers on the routes so if you have a chance, try to get to know the driver a little bit and if you are expecting a parcel, slap a note on the door...."I'm home Mr.UPS". UPSs' bread and butter is the Ground Service, $4 per LB. can't be beat and even though it says ground is 5-7 biz days, domestic packages average 4-5 days.....OK, maybe I am a little biased, oh well, Happy New Year!!

Posted on: 2009/12/31 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I don't want to condemn all delivery drivers either. There have been a couple of times when I've been pleased. One was when I ordered a laptop and I wasn't home , so they left it with a neighbor. Part of me was pleased, because the explanation was that the delivery guy (can't remember whether it was UPS or USPS) didn't want to leave it in the hallway or on his truck, and part of me was horrified, because how did he know my neighbor wouldn't go, "Computer? What computer?" when I knocked on his door to pick it up. Not a good idea to order a computer online anyway. The other time was when I ordered vitamins and the mailman insisted on bringing it to me (rather than leaving it) even though he did'nt have to because "it sounded like pills" and he didn't want me to be without important medication.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 14:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Guess I am the lone voice of dissent on this thread so far - I actually am rarely home to accept packages, but my Fed Ex guy will either go to one of two neighbors who are usually home if a signature is required, or will go around back of my house and leave packages in a protected area on my back porch if I leave a note. Very rarely have I received a "not able to deliver" tag. My UPS guy will sometimes go to a neighbor, but he has also (many times) left a door tag during the day, and then come BACK the same day after 7pm to try again at a time he knows I am more likely to be home. My experience with both has been very positive. But I don't live downtown...guess things are just different up here on the hill!

PS My mailman Roger is awesome too.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 10:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
They all do that, UPS, FedEx, USPS. Personally I've had the best experience with UPS. FedEx is always off target with their delivery time with or without the tracking. And if you ever call in their answer is "we don't have any communication with our driver until he comes back to the warehouse" I ask if they can call him and they say "we don't require the driver to have a cell phone" seriously? so the driver does whatever he wants all day.

USPS is always lazy. They have the advantage of having your mailbox key where they always drop the slip in. I've been waiting for an urgent package once and I kept calling the post office on Mont to check the status and they kept saying "on the truck, on the truck". Well after 5 hours of "on the truck" to deliver a package a few blocks i went downstairs and checked my mail box. Looks like they missed me and its in the post office, really?

The biggest problem is that there are so many trucks in route. Ground, Air, Express, 1 day, blah blah blah. This way you cant just go up to one driver and say where's the package.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 8:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/17 21:15
Group:
Banned
I'll chime in... we're probably in the same delivery area. FedEx GROUND is ridiculous. I too, sat around many hours waiting. Kept hitting refresh on the tracking... went from out for delivery to "no one home" with nary a ring on the bell. Called FedEx and the guy came back in 10 minutes WITH THE DOOR TAG attached to the box.

He couldn't look me in the face and was ashamed of himself. He tried to act chipper. I was like, "Nice job man"

Posted on: 2009/12/31 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
we are having the same experience ... i have been home for the last week and i have seen the fedex truck parked outside our home ... the package did not get delivered, but the reminder that i was not home was attached to our door.

so the delivery guy took pains of coming to the door and leaving the note ...

not good .... not good ....

Posted on: 2009/12/30 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pennington wrote:
We've had similar problems with FedEx before. They've rung the bell and when I buzzed them upstairs, they had just left the package in front of our building. There have been a few times where they've refused to come up to our apartment, one time because "the elevator was on a different floor". Nevermind they could have just hit the button on the elevator and waited for it.

They've also pulled the "we stopped by and you weren't there" card.

Maybe it's the same driver (we're downtown too), but FedEx is certainly worse than UPS as far as customer service for deliveries.

I'm sorry but unless you're handicapped or with a very young child you should go downstairs yourself to get a package. Not only is it lazy but it is also a security risk to the rest of your neighbors to just buzz anybody into your building.

Posted on: 2009/12/30 17:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
We've had similar problems with FedEx before. They've rung the bell and when I buzzed them upstairs, they had just left the package in front of our building. There have been a few times where they've refused to come up to our apartment, one time because "the elevator was on a different floor". Nevermind they could have just hit the button on the elevator and waited for it.

They've also pulled the "we stopped by and you weren't there" card.

Maybe it's the same driver (we're downtown too), but FedEx is certainly worse than UPS as far as customer service for deliveries.

Posted on: 2009/12/30 17:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/24 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
This happened to us last week too. We're pretty close to Hamilton Park so it could be the same driver. My husband specifically stayed home all day to wait for our package to arrive because it was very important. He saw the truck drive right past our place and not stop. When he called Fed-Ex to ask what happened they told him that the driver had just notified them that our street was closed and he was unable to deliver our package. This was obviously an outright lie and my husband reported it. We were furious. Please report your incident as well.

Posted on: 2009/12/30 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Back in late 2006, and early 2007, we had the exact same problem with UPS and their delivery guy for our building/area. The guy knew that our building management office was only open until 1:30 PM, so he would always show up just past that time and then claim that no one was home. I caught on to his game in much the same way that you did: I happened to be home one day, waiting for a package to get delivered, when I saw him drive down the street (speeding, of course) then make an illegal u-turn just past the building and then tear off in the opposite direction without ever stopping. A few minutes later, the package delivery status in the website changed from "out for delivery" to "unable to deliver, resident not home". I was incensed. I called UPS and reported the driver. Several others in the building started to call as well. Guess what? UPS packages are now delivered properly and the problems went away. So, do yourself a favor, pick up the phone, call FedEx and COMPLAIN. Chances are that he is doing the same thing to others in the area.

Posted on: 2009/12/30 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Call and report it. It's his word against yours, but if enough people do this - his boss will know what's up.

Posted on: 2009/12/30 15:09

FedEx
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, FedEx person who delivers to Hamilton Park-- I'm onto you. I was home all day yesterday and expecting a package, and no one rang the buzzer. At about 5 pm I discovered a tag in the vestibule of my building. "We missed you," eh? How about doing your job and actually calling upstairs to see if I'm home?

Posted on: 2009/12/30 14:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017