Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square: School board member & Ex-NBAer's bar Sanai's issued summonses after 50 people brawl
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Another ass-wipe who see's fit to do as he pleases for the pursuit of personal gain.

This guy has no business as a school board member as he has shown total contempt for rules, regulations and the law. I hope he is hit with the full force of the law and thrown off the school board - What a poor excuse of a role model to our youth.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 23:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Journal Square: School board member & Ex-NBAer's bar Sanai's issued summonses after 50 people brawl
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
I have been there during dinner hours, and I have eaten some things up at the bar. The place is not really dodgy at all during those hours. The restaurant is a stand-alone stone building, that has been nicely renovated inside. (It's the oldest standing building in JC).

I've only gone in there a handful of times, but there is always a diverse and friendly clientele at the bar. I found the food to be pretty average, but I haven't tried many items.

I think the only dodginess/fighting occurred when the place used to turn into a club on Friday or Saturday nights. I understand that these parties were put on by outside DJs and promoters and have been stopped by Mr. Dehere, probably because of the trouble. Not exactly sure, though.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 22:56

Re: Journal Square: School board member & Ex-NBAer's bar Sanai's issued summonses after 50 people br
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone been to this place for dinner?

They have a great Groupon style offer available on my company's internal website, but looks a bit dodgy from the above.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/1/29 2:39

Re: Journal Square: School board member & Ex-NBAer's bar Sanai's issued summonses after 50 people br

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/8 2:23
Group:
Registered Users
Not a Healy stooge, he's actually a really nice guy, who I believe was just pointing out that he bought the building b/c of its history and beauty, and does not/never has intend(ed) to attract troublesome patrons, etc. He seems to just have misused the word 'and.'

Posted on: 2009/11/26 4:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/12 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
im definitely going to this bar now.

Posted on: 2009/11/24 22:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
It is the oldest building in Jersey City (there is a plaque outside), a 17th century Dutch stone house. The interior of the place is really nice, and I've found the bartenders to be friendly and the atmosphere very relaxed, although I've only gone around happy hour time. I noticed their I-Pod set-up (sometimes they let one of the regulars play her own music), but never thought much of it.

I've seen Mr. Dehere in there a couple times, and he always seemed really friendly and chatty with the patrons. I would not describe him as a Healy type. He's not a politician. He used to play in the NBA with the Clippers, and I think he still holds the scoring record at Seton Hall (hence the bravado?).

Posted on: 2009/11/23 22:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Does he really own the oldest building in JC? I thought that was the Van Vorst house in the Heights.

I was thinking about going there with friends around the holidays, since it seemed to have a different sort of vibe. Not so sure now.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Reached for comment last night, Dehere called the summonses "bull."

"I own the oldest building in Jersey City," Dehere said. "And before I bought it, I attended parties there regularly with music and a deejay and never knew I needed an entertainment license to play an iPod."

How drunk was he when he gave that rambling idiotic quote. What does owning the oldest building and his ignorance have to do with the tickets? Is this another Healy stooge?

Posted on: 2009/11/23 18:46

Journal Square: School board member & Ex-NBAer's bar Sanai's issued summonses after 50 people brawl
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ex-NBAer's bar issued summonses

Monday, November 23, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A bar manager was issued summonses for operating a Jersey City club without the required licenses after cops responded to a brawl outside the establishment early Friday, reports said.

Police responded to Sanai's Restaurant & Lounge at Summit and Magnolia avenues at around 2:10 a.m. on the report of around 50 people involved in separate street fights, reports said.

After breaking up the skirmishes, cops found around 10 patrons still in the bar - past the required 2 a.m. closing time, reports said.

The club manager was issued tickets for violating several ABC ordinances, including: not having a license for a jukebox; having unlicensed persons on premises after 2 a.m.; and not having a live entertainment license, reports said.

Sanai's Restaurant & Lounge, which was formerly called the Blue Ribbon, is owned by Jersey City school board member and former NBA player Terry Dehere.

On Dec. 10, 2005, two Hudson County corrections officers were shot - one fatally - in the parking lot next to Dehere's restaurant.

The guy who issued the ticket asked the manager if her passport was from Nebraska

Reached for comment last night, Dehere called the summonses "bull."

"I own the oldest building in Jersey City," Dehere said. "And before I bought it, I attended parties there regularly with music and a deejay and never knew I needed an entertainment license to play an iPod."

Journal staff writer Ken Thorbourne contributed to this story.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 12:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017