Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Incomplete JC Downtown public projects
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/10/24 16:28

Incomplete JC Downtown public projects
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
(Councilman Fulop, if you're reading this maybe you can shed some light on these questions.)

It's been a few weeks now since the city or a contractor painted the crosswalks, the "No Parking" boxes on Jersey Ave and First St, and the parking space lines on Jersey Ave between Newark Ace and Columbus Drive. I'm just wondering if the city has any intention of completing these projects.

Here is what I am writing about:
1) Jersey & 1st northeast corner in front of flower shop: The diagonal lines and one line for the box have been painted for a No Parking area, but the lines for the rest of the box have not been painted.

2) Jersey & 1st northeast corner side of flower shop: the box and only one diagonal line have been been painted for a No Parking area. Essentially this is just a plain painted box.

3) Jersey Ave at 1st and Jersey Ave at 2nd along Jersey Ave: the cross walks have the bars painted but not the side lines, whereas the crosswalks for 1st and 2nd have been fully completed.

4) Jersey Ave between Newark Ave and Columbus Drive: Closer to Newark there have been lines painted to designate where the parking spaces are next to the meters on both sides of the street. I really like these as people generally don't know how to park. However, as you get closer to Columbus the rest of the meters don't these lines painted. How about some consistency for at least one block?

Was this done by a contractor? Have they been fully paid? Where is the follow up by the city with this project?

And along the lines of consistency, why are some no parking zones painted with a red curb and the others have the box with diagonal lines. Can we have one or the other, and if we are going all out have both?

I've also noticed that where the boxes are complete, such as on Newark Avenue, people disregard the boxes and park there anyhow. Will JCPA step up their enforcement?

And why does Erie have that one brick crosswalk, which looks pretty decent, and none of the other corners have that? I would have preferred these rather than the white painted crosswalks.

I'm just venting and seeing if anyone has any answers.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 12:51
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017