Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Knocked out on the street, wallet is gone
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Crime in Jersey City should concern everyone because it will spill into your backyard one day.

+1,000,000.

Like kids from Greenville letting the bullets fly at Exchange Place.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
City leader are absolutely responsible for the entire city's safety but, as far as everyone who thinks that Montgomery Towers and the area West of the Highway is downtown, historically on a local level neighborhoods were not first determined by a government entity, the people decided what there neighborhood boundaries were, it's usually based on combinations of different things like ethnic background, religion culture and income, and this hasn't changed.
Do you think New York made "China Town" and said ok we should have a bunch of chinese immigrants live here. Of course not. It was called "China Town" after a bunch of chinese immigrants found homes and settled there.
So just because the Jersey City government calls the area West of the highway "Downtown" doesn't make it so as it relates to the real-life socioeconomic sense of things and the way a group of people define themselves, you can quote Jersey City government data till your blue in the face and it will never make it so until the people of downtown decide that it is in fact part of downtown.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 3:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Red-Deutsch wrote:
I think it's all in the eye of the beholder. As a life long Greenville resident, it really does make the blood boil when those in charge tell you that everything is fine when your own eyes and ears tell you otherwise. And it's getting worse, not better. It's the feeling of disenfranchizement - as if we've been given up for lost - as if we don't even exist. And the hopeless feeling that comes with it - that nobody is even going to TRY to do anything about it because their heads are buried in the sand like an ostrich.

I haven't got the guts to take the beatings that icechute takes on here, but to tell the truth, I'm with him/her 100% and I think the same exact thing every time I see a crime story.

The leaders of Jersey City should be the leaders for the ENTIRE city, not just the convenient parts of it. I can go days without seeing a police car while dealers are on the corners doing business. Guess what... on the day I do see a patrol car... no dealers on the corners! Wow! It's like magic! I guess the patrols don't have time for those pesky little places with the highest rates of crime. I'll tell you - a little bit would go a long way... if they would bother to TRY.

I wish my biggest issues in life were lost kittens, hummis, taquerias and cupcakes. Unfortunately, in parts of Greenville, there are much bigger fish to fry. Maybe I'm just jealous that I pay high property taxes for low services. I'd be willing to pay even higher property taxes and stay here if it would mean better living conditions, but the way it is, it's probably just better to leave.

And don't give me the old "Why don't YOU do something about it" line, either. I have tried in the past. I lost. The machine is powerful. And that just adds to the frustration.

THANK YOU!! Excellent post

This is exactly how I feel, and almost all Jersey City's long life residents feel the same.

Posted on: 2009/5/31 17:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's all in the eye of the beholder. As a life long Greenville resident, it really does make the blood boil when those in charge tell you that everything is fine when your own eyes and ears tell you otherwise. And it's getting worse, not better. It's the feeling of disenfranchizement - as if we've been given up for lost - as if we don't even exist. And the hopeless feeling that comes with it - that nobody is even going to TRY to do anything about it because their heads are buried in the sand like an ostrich.

I haven't got the guts to take the beatings that icechute takes on here, but to tell the truth, I'm with him/her 100% and I think the same exact thing every time I see a crime story.

The leaders of Jersey City should be the leaders for the ENTIRE city, not just the convenient parts of it. I can go days without seeing a police car while dealers are on the corners doing business. Guess what... on the day I do see a patrol car... no dealers on the corners! Wow! It's like magic! I guess the patrols don't have time for those pesky little places with the highest rates of crime. I'll tell you - a little bit would go a long way... if they would bother to TRY.

I wish my biggest issues in life were lost kittens, hummis, taquerias and cupcakes. Unfortunately, in parts of Greenville, there are much bigger fish to fry. Maybe I'm just jealous that I pay high property taxes for low services. I'd be willing to pay even higher property taxes and stay here if it would mean better living conditions, but the way it is, it's probably just better to leave.

And don't give me the old "Why don't YOU do something about it" line, either. I have tried in the past. I lost. The machine is powerful. And that just adds to the frustration.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:25

Greenville: Knocked out on the street, wallet is gone
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
POLICE BEAT
Knocked out on the street, wallet is gone

Thursday, May 28, 2009
Jersey Journal

Two men knocked out a 57-year-old Jersey City man to steal $5 from him Tuesday night, police said.

Police were called to Stegman Street near Van Cleef Street at about 6:45 p.m. on the report of an assault, reports said.

The victim told cops he was walking west on Stegman when he noticed two men behind him. He stepped to the side to let them pass, but one of the men punched him in the left side of his head, knocking him unconscious, police said.

When he came to, he found the men had taken his wallet, which had $5 in it, police said.

The victim, a resident of Stegman Street, was unable to provide a description and was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for medical attention, police said.

TOM SHORTELL

Posted on: 2009/5/28 9:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017