Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Which of the mayor candidates have a plan to deal with the NJ property tax?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
i agree, that sounds like a bunch of bs. So no candidate really has an actual plan to deal with the high property taxes?

High property tax and crime are the two biggest problems in jersey city that directly impact everyone who lives here i think.

Oh well...

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Is it just me, or is Mr. Manzo really not saying anything at all about taxes with these bullet points (from his website)? I don't want to have to read between the lines; I want him (and others) to come out bodly and say in plain English what we can expect if they're elected. So...some clarification please?

Quote:Timely budgeting, end the practice or passing a budget on the last month of its term. Budgeting should be approved at its beginning rather than end in order to absorb maximum savings from cuts.

Ok, so we should know how much money is available before we start spending in order "to absorb maxiumum savings from cuts"- what does this mean?

Quote:Department by department audit of all city divisions and autonomous agencies

I'm presuming this is to reduce overall costs and therefore taxes.

Quote: Implement user fees rather than property taxes to cover car expenses for servicing new development

What? Can someone explain this?

Quote: Establish a responsible redevelopment policy to assure new development is not a tax burden to existing taxpayers.

This could mean many, many things. Am I supposed to guess?

Quote: Monetize future years tax revenues due when pilots expire, to use a portion of that revenue to provide tax relief for current city taxpayers. Structure monetization plan so taxes remain stable from current through future years

He's definately using monetization in this sense: "To convert (government debt) from securities into currency that can be used to purchase goods and services."- but beyond that I'm lost. How does this stabilize taxes in the future?

Quote: Assure that unclassified and deputy directors positions aren't denying rank and file employees earned promotions and trim politically created positions from the budget

Makes sense. Get rid of jobs that aren't really jobs, but "bonuses" for people who have won favors from those in power.

Quote: Challenge the state's municipal funding formula which penalizes regular tax payers at the expense tax abated properties

He doesn't say anything about his position on abatements, rather that he would "challenge" (you decide what that means...) the city's revenue collection system- I think.

Why does this have to be so confusing?
Being cynical; is it so he won't have to answer to citizens ticked off over his policies?

Posted on: 2009/4/27 4:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
While in the assembly Manzo prime sponsored the legislation that enacted the largest property tax rebate in NJ history.

Below is the link to Manzo's position on property taxes,hope this answers your question at least from
one perspective.

http://www.manzoteam2009.com/issues/property-taxes

Posted on: 2009/4/27 3:53

Which of the mayor candidates have a plan to deal with the NJ property tax?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
which of the mayor candidates have a plan to deal with the ridiculously high NJ property tax?

Posted on: 2009/4/27 3:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017