Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dog Poop on Magnolia Ave.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
If all else fails buy the $8 croissant and use the bag it comes in if this ever happens to you again and the woman with the stroller is'nt in sight.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OottaBahr wrote:
I for one find this forum enlightening. Today I took , my dog out to Van Vorst park. We avoided the Dog run because there was a crazy woman there who I did not want to deal with and because, frankly, my dog has gotten sick lately and I think that place is a urine filled cess-pool that Parkman thinks is a beholden gift...but that's another topic altogether.

The park was filled with toddlers playing and parents moseying and generally all of the neighborhood finally getting outside to enjoy a sunny and warm day after such a long winter.

as we walked past the children's playground my dog decided to take a crap. I was a little embarrassed because, well, it was a big crap and my dog likes his privacy. but all the kids found it fascinating. they swarmed around the fence to watch, and mothers too came by to see. One said, "see Monica, even the doggie makes a poo." We picked it up and said goodbye to our class and left. Both somewhat proud and relieved.

A little lighter in our step, we jaunted down to beechwood considering whether or not to pony up $8 for a croissant. But then the unexpected happened. Something that never occurs occurred. Poop #2. I had no bag. And it was on the corner in front of Marco & pepe. And since it was warm, they had their doors open. And it was packed.

Luckily a woman and her daughter who had just been in my biology class in the park were approaching in a souped up stroller. Seeing the horror in my face, the mommy said "Bagless?" I replied "He never does two."

The Mommy handed me a spare plastic bag she had and leaned over to her kid who was now feeding my dog cheerios and said "see, honey, like you the doggie never makes two."

Moral of the story - want cleaner sidewalks? Always take extra bags. Even if you DON't have a dog.

This was the funniest thread I ever read on this forum, this guy should be on a stage and hold the tomatoes !

Posted on: 2009/3/8 0:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 8:40
Group:
Banned
I for one find this forum enlightening. Today I took , my dog out to Van Vorst park. We avoided the Dog run because there was a crazy woman there who I did not want to deal with and because, frankly, my dog has gotten sick lately and I think that place is a urine filled cess-pool that Parkman thinks is a beholden gift...but that's another topic altogether.

The park was filled with toddlers playing and parents moseying and generally all of the neighborhood finally getting outside to enjoy a sunny and warm day after such a long winter.

as we walked past the children's playground my dog decided to take a crap. I was a little embarrassed because, well, it was a big crap and my dog likes his privacy. but all the kids found it fascinating. they swarmed around the fence to watch, and mothers too came by to see. One said, "see Monica, even the doggie makes a poo." We picked it up and said goodbye to our class and left. Both somewhat proud and relieved.

A little lighter in our step, we jaunted down to beechwood considering whether or not to pony up $8 for a croissant. But then the unexpected happened. Something that never occurs occurred. Poop #2. I had no bag. And it was on the corner in front of Marco & pepe. And since it was warm, they had their doors open. And it was packed.

Luckily a woman and her daughter who had just been in my biology class in the park were approaching in a souped up stroller. Seeing the horror in my face, the mommy said "Bagless?" I replied "He never does two."

The Mommy handed me a spare plastic bag she had and leaned over to her kid who was now feeding my dog cheerios and said "see, honey, like you the doggie never makes two."

Moral of the story - want cleaner sidewalks? Always take extra bags. Even if you DON't have a dog.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 16:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/1 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by trp3 on 2009/3/7 8:58:39 wow JClist. honestly, 1 more dog shite thread, i may leave this site for good. come on webbie, start filtering these out.

The topic I started is not the most entertaining to people like u I know, but it is a real concern to some of us.

If you do not like the topic why dont you just skip that thread? Do you stay up all night and read every thread and find it necessary to give your 2 cents on every topic? wtf are you to say whats important to talk about in a community forum?

AND this is whats going to happen...because you know exaclty how to use this forum, you are to reply to this with comments about why you are like you are and everyone should know you are gods gift to Jersey city. Making this forum useless again.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
wow JClist.

honestly, 1 more dog shite thread, i may leave this site for good.

come on webbie, start filtering these out.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Another poop thread? I've said it before and I'll say it again, it only takes one dumb-ass, lazy dog owner about 3 days to foul up an entire city block. Find out who it is, follow them home and deposit the gift on their door-step/stoop.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 4:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/3/7 4:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
A few years ago I remember seeing alot on the corner of Nelson and Leonard and seeings a sign taped next to it with a threat on it for the dog owner that the writer claimed to know who they were and where they lived. It was funny to read but you can tell the person that wrote it was serious. When I went by there after that I never saw anymore dog sh*t so I guess it worked.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmolder wrote:
I recently moved to Magnolia Ave in the Island/hilltop part of JSQ. The neighborhood seems nice, people seem polite and the houses on magnolia seem well kept. The problem is the dog sh*t . Although I sometimes find dog sh*t everywhere around here, 1 1/2 blocks from my house, and on my route to the path, there is a block that it is just an obstacle course. It is the most disgusting thing I ve ever seen. Does anyone know whats going on and how long this has been happening?

I moved to the Heights in the summer and I feel the exact same way about my neighborhood... nice houses, polite people, and dog crap everywhere. I lived downtown for 3 years and thought the poop was bad there.. but seriously, it's a million times worse up here. I decided it's just what people do.. they let their dogs out to crap and leave it behind. It's just the way it is.

I saw a couple fresh loads today that were so humongous, I could not believe they were left there.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 1:46

Dog Poop on Magnolia Ave.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/1 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
I recently moved to Magnolia Ave in the Island/hilltop part of JSQ. The neighborhood seems nice, people seem polite and the houses on magnolia seem well kept. The problem is the dog sh*t . Although I sometimes find dog sh*t everywhere around here, 1 1/2 blocks from my house, and on my route to the path, there is a block that it is just an obstacle course. It is the most disgusting thing I ve ever seen. Does anyone know whats going on and how long this has been happening?

Posted on: 2009/3/7 1:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017