Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: DWI charge after swerving van has two near misses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
I don't know why it matters, but that is B&L, Ward F. Good thing they got that guy before he hurt someone and damaged his pants beyond repair with his beer!

The reason I make the correction is GrovePath often puts the wrong neighborhood. It is not Bergen/Laffayette though, the northern border of BL is part Grand street and part of Communipaw.

Sadly this time, Grovepath is correct. And McGinley Sq. (which is a district not a ward) is on the border of B&L and JSQ (they are wards). Bergen Lafayette extends to Mongomery st. to the north. For all of us geography buffs, I suggest this link to identify the 6 wards of JC (A,B,C,D,E,F) more easily. You have to zoom in on the map to get the ward boundaries.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... /06/jersey-city-ward-map/

I am not disagreeing on the ward I am disagreeing on the neighborhood. If your basing the borders of the neighborhood on the wards, they cover areas of different neighborhoods. For example the Heights is one neighborhood but has two wards with in its borders. I do like your map though and I saved it for the future. Here is another map that shows the neighborhoods.

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com/maps.php

Posted on: 2009/2/27 6:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
I don't know why it matters, but that is B&L, Ward F. Good thing they got that guy before he hurt someone and damaged his pants beyond repair with his beer!

The reason I make the correction is GrovePath often puts the wrong neighborhood. It is not Bergen/Laffayette though, the northern border of BL is part Grand street and part of Communipaw.

Sadly this time, Grovepath is correct. And McGinley Sq. (which is a district not a ward) is on the border of B&L and JSQ (they are wards). Bergen Lafayette extends to Mongomery st. to the north. For all of us geography buffs, I suggest this link to identify the 6 wards of JC (A,B,C,D,E,F) more easily. You have to zoom in on the map to get the ward boundaries.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... /06/jersey-city-ward-map/

Posted on: 2009/2/27 5:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:

Posted on: 2009/2/26 21:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/2/26 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
"After pulling Vasquez over, police said he seemed disoriented and saw that an open beer had spilled on his pants, reports said."

Don't drink and drive, you might spill your beer.

Posted on: 2009/2/26 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is McGinley Square not Bergen/Lafayette it is actually closer to Downtown then it is to Bergen/Lafayette.

Posted on: 2009/2/26 18:13

Bergen Lafayette: DWI charge after swerving van has two near misses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
DWI charge after swerving van has two near misses

Thursday, February 26, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man nearly drove head-on into a police car and then narrowly missed a second police vehicle before being arrested and charged with drunk driving and numerous other motor vehicle offenses Tuesday night, officials said.

Miguel Angel Izara Vasquez, 29, of Monitor Street, was arrested at Fairmount and Cornelison avenues and charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, driving without a license, failing to keep right, and failing to produce proof of insurance and proof of registration, reports said.
Advertisement

Plainclothes cops in an unmarked car were at Bright Street and Cornelison Avenue at 10:09 p.m. when they saw a red van swerving as it approached, reports said.

The officer driving the police car had to swerve to avoid a collision, reports said. The police made a U-turn and saw the van nearly strike an Emergency Services Unit truck, reports said.

After pulling Vasquez over, police said he seemed disoriented and saw that an open beer had spilled on his pants, reports said.

Vasquez fumbled with his wallet and nearly fell down when he got out of the van, but was propped up by a cop, reports said.

Police arrested Vasquez and a Breathalyzer test determined he had a blood alcohol level of 0.19, twice the legal limit of .08, officials said.

Posted on: 2009/2/26 13:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017