Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Palace Drugs Removes Classic Vintage Display Cases
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Up in the Heights there was an old drug store up the block from the Reservoir and Pershing Field Park, the name escapes me but the old couple that owned the store would wrap the items you bought in brown paper and tie it with string.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 19:42

Palace Drugs Removes Classic Vintage Display Cases
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/15 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
This is a sad day for lovers of the old school in Downtown JC. Palace Drugs has been my pharmacy for 10 years and I've always had a real admiration and affection for their beautiful vintage display cases in the back of the store. They must have been installed when the store opened. I'm thinking it was the 50's, but there isn't any info online and Dottie the woman who has been working there forever isn't sure. These cases were something out of a museum, with fake wood paneling like in your Grandma's basement and old time wording above the cases like "Cold Remedies" and "Men's Toiletries" Does anyone remember what the cases said exactly? I'm kicking myself for not taking photos earlier. They have been removed and new modern, boring shelves are being installed. This is a loss for the neighborhood, when it seems like every week a classic mom and pop establishment is being shut down, in the city and all over. These displays were something you may not have noticed...until they are gone.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 18:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017