Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Shelley Skinner drops candidacy for Councilwoman for Ward E; Levin unveils 2 running mates
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politickernj.com/matt-frie ... unveils-two-running-mates

Skinner won't run in Jersey City's Ward E; Levin unveils two running mates

By Matt Friedman, PolitickerNJ.com Reporter

With Jersey City Councilman Steve Fulop set on seeking reelection to his Ward E seat instead of running for mayor, his ally Shelley Skinner today officially dropped her own candidacy.

"I have made the decision not to seek a position on the Jersey City Council in 2009 and instead support Councilman Fulop's re-election,? said Skinner, a local community activist. ?While I still have an interest in running for public office one day, I realize that this year is not the best time.?

Skinner last year grew impatient with Fulop?s hesitance to make a decision on running for mayor, saying she planned to run regardless of his intentions. In the end, she said, putting herself head-to-head with someone whose goals she shared would be counterproductive.

Meanwhile, mayoral candidate Dan Levin -- another good government activist -- announced two at large candidate for his ?One Jersey City? slate yesterday: business consultant Emilio De Lia and nonprofiteer Andrew Hubsch.

"I welcome Emilio and Andrew in joining our grassroots movement to bring necessary reform to Jersey City municipal government. They are both talented individuals with diverse professional and community backgrounds,? said Levin in a statement. ?I am proud to roll up my sleeves with them and work to bring meaningful change to Jersey City."

Matt Friedman is a PolitickerNJ.com Reporter and can be reached via email at matt@politicsnj.com.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 2:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017