Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Cops arrested four who robbed Chinese food deliveryman at gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
"cops working in teams of 3 or 4 officers", NO! thats not the way to go. It would be better if there were more plain clothes officers patrolling in unmarked cars so the bad guys dont get a chance to get away so fast when they see the marked radio cars coming.
Also there have been alot of these deliverymen being robbed lately. The latest I heard was on the blvd sat night I think & 1 guy got away but the juvenile got caught.

These cops (3 of them) were in plain-clothes and in an unmarked car. That's what I advocate.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 15:31

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Cops arrested four who robbed Chinese food deliveryman at gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
"cops working in teams of 3 or 4 officers", NO! thats not the way to go. It would be better if there were more plain clothes officers patrolling in unmarked cars so the bad guys dont get a chance to get away so fast when they see the marked radio cars coming.
Also there have been alot of these deliverymen being robbed lately. The latest I heard was on the blvd sat night I think & 1 guy got away but the juvenile got caught.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Good job. This is why I advocate for cops working in teams of 3 or 4 officers.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 14:40

Bergen Lafayette: Cops arrested four who robbed Chinese food deliveryman at gunpoint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops bust delivery man robbery

Tuesday, January 27, 2009
By TOM SHORTELL
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City police arrested four people caught in the act of robbing a Chinese food deliveryman at gunpoint Sunday afternoon, reports said.

Three plainclothes officers in an unmarked car were driving north on Garfield Avenue at 3:55 p.m. Sunday, when at Seaview Avenue they saw four men surrounding a 43-year-old deliveryman for Asian Kitchen on Ocean Avenue, reports said.

One of the men was pointing a silver handgun at the face of the deliveryman, reports said.

The officers leapt out of the car, guns and badges drawn, and placed the men under arrest, reports said.

Fatia Williams, 18, of Brown Place, Jersey City; Malik Holmes, 19, of Roselle; a 17-year-old male from Rutgers Avenue, Jersey City; and a 17-year-old male from Grant Avenue, Jersey City, were charged with robbery, aggravated assault and conspiracy, reports said.

The gunman, one of the 17-year-olds, was additionally charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, police said. The four are being investigated for other robberies in the area. Anyone with any information is asked to call (201) 547-5245.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 14:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017