Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pesky helicopter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

U.S. Airways plane being taken to Jersey City location for investigation, officials say

Posted by kthorbou January 18, 2009 14:16PM

US Airways Flight 1549 is hoisted out of the Hudson River last night.

According to law enforcement officials, the US Airways airliner that crash landed in the Hudson on Thursday will be taken to a facility in Jersey City to be inspected by National Transportation Safety Board officials.The Airbus, which was hoisted out of the water last night, is being taken to Weeks Marine, Inc.at the foot of Colony Road, which is accessible from New York Bay, these law enforcement officials said. The National Transportation Safety Board has scheduled a 4 p.m. briefing with reporters to update their plans for the plane.Recorders taken from the plane are already on their way to Washington, officials said

Posted on: 2009/1/18 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
The PATH is giving everyone ample notice about weekend WTC station path later this year. Unfortunately we can't bride anyone about that.

You've spent 20 years making peoples days a bit more miserable. Consider this a little sample of karma.

95% of my work is done in a studio so Please SUCK IT! Your desperate clawing for "street cred" is getting old.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 22:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
The PATH is giving everyone ample notice about weekend WTC station path later this year. Unfortunately we can't bride anyone about that.

You've spent 20 years making peoples days a bit more miserable. Consider this a little sample of karma.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have worked in the film business for 20 years.

the film business never inconveinences the neighborhoods they shoot in??

Of course they do but they give ample warning with posted signs etc. and you can always find someone to complain to who will work with the neighborhood (usually with lots of cash).
Your theory is lame Jenny. My neighbor around the corner doesn't clean up her dog's poop because she is an "original" resident but I guess that's okay in your book. Captain Sullenberger will be on the Today Show tomorrow. That is the story. Keeping people awake all night for a shot of a plane that can be achieved without so much disturbance? That is Bullshit.

Huh? Now it's dog poop? Read my archives. I have no tolerance for dog poop. This debate is now officially over. You jumped the shark with the dog poop.

I wish you happiness and peace, Vigilante. And a chill pill. And maybe some anger management.

Have a nice day!

I'm not angry, I'm right.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Of course they do but they give ample warning with posted signs etc. and you can always find someone to complain to who will work with the neighborhood (usually with lots of cash).
Your theory is lame Jenny. My neighbor around the corner doesn't clean up her dog's poop because she is an "original" resident but I guess that's okay in your book. Captain Sullenberger will be on the Today Show tomorrow. That is the story. Keeping people awake all night for a shot of a plane that can be achieved without so much disturbance? That is Bullshit.

Huh? Now it's dog poop? Read my archives. I have no tolerance for dog poop. This debate is now officially over. You jumped the shark with the dog poop.

I wish you happiness and peace, Vigilante. And a chill pill. And maybe some anger management.

Have a nice day!

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

Listen, there are bigger things to worry about[...]and/or what will happen on Big Love this season.

+1!

This new season looks like it's going to be even better than Season 2.

LOVE "Big Love" !

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:13
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have worked in the film business for 20 years and I have dealt with these reporters and cameramen before. I guarantee you that if you could somehow ask them politely to please maybe move away for awhile they would tell you and Jenny as well to go fu*k yourselves. They are aggressive pricks and don't give a sh*t about civilians. They don't care about your sleep or comfort or anything.

THAT IS ALL.

They wouldn't tell me to go f*ck myself because I wouldn't bother them while they are doing their job. I don't mind the minor inconvenience for the larger purpose of reporting history as it is happening (in this case) or reporting news (in most normal cases). It's the deal I made when I chose to live where I live -- in the NY/NJ metro area, which is one of the busiest parts of the country, and therefore subject to annoyances like news choppers.

And traffic! And horns beeping! And street closures! And sirens! OH MY.

Listen, there are bigger things to worry about, like whether Kendall will wake up on All My Children and/or what will happen on Big Love this season.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I have worked in the film business for 20 years and I have dealt with these reporters and cameramen before. I guarantee you that if you could somehow ask them politely to please maybe move away for awhile they would tell you and Jenny as well to go fu*k yourselves. They are aggressive pricks and don't give a sh*t about civilians. They don't care about your sleep or comfort or anything.

THAT IS ALL.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure if the plane landed in the East River, in the Narrows, Jamaica Bay, or wherever else, the helicopters would be hovering over some other spot. I guess the news outlets feel like this is the best spot to get their footage, no matter how useless or pointless we feel it is. Yes maybe a camera crew may have been better on this side of the river, despite the numerous camera crews in Battery Park City, but I guess the choice is not up to us.

If it really bothers you that much, get the tail numbers of the helicopters as well as the news outlet they represent, contact the responsible news organization, the FAA, and your representatives (local, state, and federal).

If your point is just to vent then ok, but if you want it resolved take some action rather than just complaining about it on here.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 15:37
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
When you moved to Jersey City, I guarantee that NYC was already there. That's the price you pay.

That is all.

So that makes it alright? Doormat.

Bitter.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
When you moved to Jersey City, I guarantee that NYC was already there. That's the price you pay.

That is all.

So that makes it alright? Doormat.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 6:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
That is indeed profound.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 4:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

That is all.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I stopped by the waterfront at Exchange Place and had a clear view of the tail and the crane. Was surprised not to see any media set up on the Jersey Side. would have been a lot more efficient than all the hovering.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 1:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/20 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
I understand that the landing is a miracle and truly appreciate that but seriously, there has been a helicopter above my apartment for a few hours now. This is ridiculous. What can they possibly be filming? The real story already happened... A very talented pilot made an incredible landing. They filmed the rescue. It was truly a site to see.

Them moving the plane is not a miracle and does not need to be filmed for hours. Quite honestly, at this point some peace and quiet would be a miracle. Why can't they fly over LSP instead of our homes?

Posted on: 2009/1/18 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Shadow wrote:
The point is there is NOTHING to be seen. It is now almost 8PM... still there...they have been there since mid afternoon. The Hospital is directly below also.

Exactly. Thats why they should stick a guy with a camera in one of the buildings on the waterfront and he can hang out there all night if that's what they want in case something happens.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The point is there is NOTHING to be seen. It is now almost 8PM... still there...they have been there since mid afternoon. The Hospital is directly below also.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I agree with the above posts but it's just another example of Jersey City serving as the Big Apple's doormat. 15 minutes for the chopper drivers( as Bush would say) then move on.

You cannot be serious. This event was an amazing example of both states working in tandem to save lives. If anything, it was a shining example of NJ-based services like the Waterway and our local hospitals rising to the occasion in an incredible, pro-active way. The last thing on anyone's mind (except maybe yours) is JC being a doormat.

We should be thankful that the plane didn't go crashing into our shores.

I am serious. I am not taking anything away from all involved in the rescue although getting some credit for the Jersey first-responders was like pulling teeth in the NY media. And now they give us a giant F.U. by hovering all day over our homes. There is a wonderful vantage point down at the end of Grand Street or how about getting up into one of the buildings on the waterfront? They would get a great view, it's a lot safer and no fuel is wasted and no one is disturbed.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The miracle was over on Thursday. What is at a pier in lower Manhattan is the almost completely submerged hulk of the aircraft. Nothing happened today to be recorded for posterity. It may be lifted tomorrow. This does not justify three helicopters in the air over lower Jersey City for seven hours. The noise is not the paramount issue. Just being above our heads is a risk. This would not be allowed over Manhattan.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Doesn't sound like something a few laser pointers couldn't fix.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I agree with the above posts but it's just another example of Jersey City serving as the Big Apple's doormat. 15 minutes for the chopper drivers( as Bush would say) then move on.

You cannot be serious. This event was an amazing example of both states working in tandem to save lives. If anything, it was a shining example of NJ-based services like the Waterway and our local hospitals rising to the occasion in an incredible, pro-active way. The last thing on anyone's mind (except maybe yours) is JC being a doormat.

We should be thankful that the plane didn't go crashing into our shores.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/1/17 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
I think it is entirely appropriate for them to be there to record what is one of the biggest miracles in a long, long, time.

Count your blessings and turn your TV on louder. It will be over soon enough.

I'm with you, jennymayla. A horrific event on the waterfront EVERYONE lives and no serious injuries, we so needed this fairy tale ending.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I think it is entirely appropriate for them to be there to record what is one of the biggest miracles in a long, long, time.

Count your blessings and turn your TV on louder. It will be over soon enough.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are THREE helicopters over us, hovering over a populated area in below freezing temps when it ain't safe to fly these things. They were there Thursday as well for a long period of time. No doubt they are focusing on the USAIR removal. The choppers can't hover over the river so they'll do it over us. Three separate news groups who don't pool their feed and we get stuck with the noise. It's like a war zone.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 21:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
We have 3 helicopters buzzing over the river. Must be because of the plane in the water. Maybe they are moving it.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 21:17

Pesky helicopter

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/17 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know why there has been a helicopter hoovering over the Village for the last 5+ hours?

Posted on: 2009/1/17 21:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017