Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Voting in New Jersey ....FYI
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
A few FYI's for those who aren't sure:

Q: Do I need ID to vote?

A: You should bring identification as a precaution. You must show ID at your polling place if you did not give an ID to the county commissioner of registration when you registered to vote, including registering by mail, or if the information could not be verified at that time. You do not need identification if you walked in your registration to your municipal clerk or county commissioner of registration, if you had ID at the time. You can be asked to show identification if you are properly challenged at the polls. Identification can include any current photo ID, a driver?s license, a student or job ID, a store membership ID or a U.S. passport. Other identification may include a bank statement, car registration, government check or document, non-photo driver?s license, rent receipt, sample ballot, utility bill or any other official document. If you do not show ID, you may vote with a provisional ballot. You then have until the second day after the election to submit identification to the elections board.

Q: What do I do if challenged?

A: You may need to sign an affidavit confirming your registration. You should go to Superior Court and call the commissioner of registration if poll workers don?t allow you to vote. Poll workers must advise you that you can go to court.

Q: Can I vote if I?m in line and the polls close?

A: Yes.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 15:10

Number to call if voters encounter trouble
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Number to call if voters encounter trouble

Tuesday, November 04, 2008
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

If you're having problems at the polls today or see suspicious activity, there are a number of agencies to call.

Complaints about conduct at the polls or malfunctioning voting machines can be phoned in to the Hudson County Superintendent of Elections Marie Borace at (201) 795-6555.

Polling stations are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. If your polling station is not open when it should be, call Hudson County Board of Elections Clerk Michael Harper at (201) 795-6030.

Voters who feel that they have been denied their right to vote can also call the New Jersey Voter Information and Assistance line at (877) 658-6837.

People having trouble voting can also call the U.S. Attorney's Office Election Day hotline at (973) 645-2924.

To find your polling place, go to HudsonCountyClerk.org and click on the "elections" bar.

Voters who are not on the voting rolls, but believe they are registered, should vote using a provisional paper ballot, which will be checked and counted after Election Day.

New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell has announced the state will have a record 5,401,605 registered voters for today's general election.

This figure includes 631,512 new registrations since January. Of this number, 134,158 were Democrats, 41,950 Republicans, and 454,711 unaffiliated. The remaining 693 registered under minor parties, Mitchell said.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index ... 12257835413690.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2008/11/4 13:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017