Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Naked man falls to his death after tasered by cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I agree the video speaks for itself! But fasteddie what is going on? Your job is to be funny -- this is rather -- well you know...

Posted on: 2008/9/25 4:38

Naked man falls to his death after tasered by cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
You probably saw the video on TV. This is why cops lose respect. Incredibly stupid police work. The taser was designed as a non-lethal option. These guys found a way to get around the non-lethal part.

Naked man falls to his death after tasered by cops in Brooklyn standoff

BY KERRY BURKE and ALISON GENDAR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, September 24th 2008, 10:13 PM
Inman Morales stands atop security gate moments before he was stunned by police and fell to his death. Hutton

Inman Morales stands atop security gate moments before he was stunned by police and fell to his death.

Naked and perched on a ledge, a disturbed man fell to his death in Brooklyn Wednesday when cops Tasered him without placing an air bag below, witnesses and police sources said.

Inman Morales plunged 10 feet and landed headfirst on the pavement outside his Bedford-Stuyvesant apartment building. He was declared dead at Kings County Hospital.

"When they Tasered him, he froze and pitched forward. He fell on his head," said witness Ernestine Croom, 40. "They didn't put out a mattress or a net or anything."

Morales hit the ground while an air bag was being brought to the site, police sources said.

Neighbors said Morales, 35, had "freaked out" earlier in the day, and his mother called the police at 1:52 p.m., saying he was threatening to hurt himself and had stopped taking his medication.

The first police Emergency Service Unit truck arrived at Morales' third-floor Tompkins Ave. apartment about 2:05 p.m., police sources said.

Morales refused to allow police into the apartment, crept nude onto the fire escape and tried to enter a neighbor's fourth-floor window when police forced their way into his apartment.

"He tried to get into my window. He banged. He said, 'Let me in! Let me in!' But no way I'm letting a naked man into my apartment," said neighbor Tanya Wright, 40.

So Morales crawled down the fire escape, screaming and posing for gawkers as he went, other witnesses said.

"When the police came, he was screaming, 'You're gonna kill me and I'm gonna take everyone with me. I'm gonna die and you're gonna die with me,'" said neighbor Sean Johnson, 43.

Morales left the fire escape and stepped onto the 2-foot-wide metal top of a roll-down security gate for a ground-floor business. He then ripped an 8-foot fluorescent light bulb from the business' sign.

From his perch, Morales jabbed at ESU officers, who were tying themselves to the fire escape so when they grabbed him they would not all fall.

When Morales started to swing the pole like a batter, an ESU officer on the ground fired a Taser at him. The Taser, which is designed to stun, can deliver a five-second jolt of 5,000 volts of electricity through two wires and has a range of 21 feet.

"They didn't try to brace his fall. They did nothing. I've seen a lot of things in my time. But what they did was wrong," said neighbor Kirk Giddens, 39, a mental health worker.

Morales hit the ground at 2:27 p.m. The NYPD is investigating the incident.

ESU cops and the city's roughly 500 sergeants are trained to use Tasers. An independent review recommends the NYPD expand Taser use as an alternative to more lethal methods.

Posted on: 2008/9/25 3:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017