Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Newark Councilwoman & how does this effect JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
It is extremely minor corruption for Jersey City.

In a thoroughly corrupt town such as this, the voters should get to decide whether someone's offense was great enough to kick them out of office.

If we kicked out everyone who abused their powers, why would people run for office in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2008/7/20 17:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 17:18
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/20 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
It would seem that nearly every elected JC person in office and staff should quickly have their name included on the list for Bush to pardon for felony offences before he leaves office - siht it wouldn't surprise me if some had their name on that list already

Really? Nearly every elected JC person in office and staff? Any "notable exceptions" you might want to refer to?

And which ones have been convicted of federal criminal charges? Because the President can only pardon those convicted in federal court.

Who needs facts when you have perception to control?

Posted on: 2008/7/19 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It would seem that nearly every elected JC person in office and staff should quickly have their name included on the list for Bush to pardon for felony offences before he leaves office - siht it wouldn't surprise me if some had their name on that list already

Posted on: 2008/7/19 23:33
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
This story sounds pretty familiar. Too bad we didn't get Flood on tape when her son was arrested for selling drugs in her car.

I agree that a judge shouldn't have general power to over turn the voters. However it is nice to know that judges can get rid off public officials who commit crime without a lengthy impeachment.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 12:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
Councilwoman Rone is a hot head and is no stranger to trouble. This punishment is harsh and stinks of something political. Healy should feel safe because I sense a catfight between Prosecutor Paula Dow and Councilwoman Dana Rone.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 8:01

Newark Councilwoman & how does this effect JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/ ... 16355719319820.xml&coll=1

Story about a Councilwoman, convicted of a DP offense, who is now facing an effort to remove her from office by the prosecutor.

I don't know anything about this woman outside of what is in the article. What I can say is, that while her behavior may have been out of line, it certainly wasn't felonious, which I had thought was what is needed to remove a public official from office.

I would have hoped that the bar a court needed to get over to remove a duly elected member of either a legislative or executive office would be higher. Unless you're talking about a charge stemming from her official duties or a felony, it seems pretty weak grounds to invalidate the votes of the citizens that put her in office.

So the Jersey City part- What is Healy convicted of? A DP, right? Does this apply to him? I don't have a ton of use for the guy, but if he or anyone else is going to get sacked over issues such as these, it really should be done by the voters.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017