Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Did anyone try the Hudson County Community College's Cooking or Wine Classes?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/14 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone try the Hudson County Community College's Cooking or Wine Classes?

Does anyone know much about the Culinary Arts Institute at HCCC?

How does this rate next to the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) in Hyde Park, NY?

http://www.ciachef.edu

As I said before even I have fallen on harder times, as we all have in this economy, and I now have a young relative who is interested in going to culinary school and I would like any advice.

I am thinking HCCC might be a little cheaper.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I read this OLD NEWS story last spring:

Hudson County Community College Announces Spring Roster of Saturday Cooking and Wine Classes

The College?s Culinary Arts Chefs and Staff will Conduct Classes in the New, State-of-the-Art Culinary Arts Institute

January 11, 2008, Jersey City, NJ?Hudson County Community College President Dr. Glen Gabert announced today that the College will offer area residents the opportunity to take all-new food preparation, cooking, and wine appreciation classes this Spring. The classes will be held on Saturdays, beginning March 8th, in the College?s state-of-the art Culinary Arts Institute at 161 Newkirk Street (just off the Journal Square PATH station in Jersey City).

?The ?Cooking for the Holidays? classes we presented in November were a big success! Since so many people asked us to continue these offerings, we decided to devise classes that would cover even more areas of interest,? Dr. Gabert said.

Like the November classes, this season?s offerings will be conducted by the award-winning chefs who teach at the College?s nationally acclaimed, five-star Culinary Arts Institute. The classes will provide participants with the opportunity to learn the essentials of cooking and wine appreciation, while enjoying local and international foods. They include: ?Knives and Knife Skills? on March 8th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; ?Contemporary Cooking for Today?s Lifestyles? on March 15th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; the two-session presentation of ?The Fundamentals of Wines? (with tastings) on April 5th and 12th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.; ?Ice Carving for Beginners? on April 12th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; the food preparation and wine appreciation presentations ??Food and Wine Pairings: Exploring Europe? on April 19th from 1 to 4 p.m., and ?Food and Wine Pairings: Regions of the United States? on April 26th from 12 to 3 p.m.; ?Classical Cooking Techniques, Part One? on May 3rd from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; ?Techniques for Creating a Great Dinner Party? on May 3rd from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and ?Classical Cooking Techniques, Part Two? on May 10th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The cost of each class is just $95.00, and there is an additional $20.00 lab charge for the wine classes.

?We think that the community will thoroughly enjoy these classes, and they will be able to learn in the most up-to-the-minute, professional premises and equipment in the area ? our Culinary Arts Institute/Conference Center/Classroom Building,? Dr. Gabert stated. The five-story, Georgian Revival-style building boasts 72,000 square feet of state-of-the-art kitchens, ?smart? classrooms, and conference areas, as well as an elegant dining and banquet facility.

A leader in the culinary education arena for more than 20 years, the College?s Culinary Arts curriculum is one of only two programs in the New York region to be accredited by the American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission. Students may pursue a variety of one-semester to one-year certificates, as well as two-year Associate degrees. HCCC CAI students have gone on to work in some of the finest restaurants, hotels and clubs in the New York metropolitan area, and throughout the world.

Those interested in obtaining more information about or registering for the classes are asked to phone (201) 360-4639 or email cai@hccc.edu. Early registration is recommended as the classes do fill up quickly.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 16:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017