Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Condo Arlington Ave By Garfield Ave Light Rail
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

petey8 wrote:
Just had to share this story. I went out to my car yesterday, which was parked on Arlington Ave. The back window was completely rolled down. I have power windows, it had been a warm day, and I must have accidentally put down the window in the back the day before and not noticed. I had left a nice leather coat, wallet, money, ipod, expensive phone in the package I was returning to the store, etc, etc, inside the car. Stupid to leave that stuff, I know, but the point is---nothing had been disturbed! Wow--on the streets of JC, and not even the best street, no one availed themselves of an easy opportunity to reach in a car left wide open for nearly 24 hours. One of my happiest days here--and a gentle reminder to me to be more careful altogether.

The thieves probably walked by and thought it was a setup.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Just had to share this story. I went out to my car yesterday, which was parked on Arlington Ave. The back window was completely rolled down. I have power windows, it had been a warm day, and I must have accidentally put down the window in the back the day before and not noticed. I had left a nice leather coat, wallet, money, ipod, expensive phone in the package I was returning to the store, etc, etc, inside the car. Stupid to leave that stuff, I know, but the point is---nothing had been disturbed! Wow--on the streets of JC, and not even the best street, no one availed themselves of an easy opportunity to reach in a car left wide open for nearly 24 hours. One of my happiest days here--and a gentle reminder to me to be more careful altogether.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 16:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
I looked at a house on Arlington about 4-5 years ago before landing where I am now. There are some nice houses on that street with some great views of the city.

What I would suggest doing is going to the area at different times of day and night to see if you are comfortable with the area. Specifically, Id go by after school lets out and later into the evening and night. If you have the chance, try to go on a day when its warmer out.

See what kind of vibe you get. That's really the most important thing.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2008/3/22 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Kapplcd--there are several people that I know of on this list that are in a position to speak with any authority on your question. Others may still comment, using stories in the Jersey Journal as a basis for their response, or maybe an experience driving down some Bergen-Lafayette or Greenville street, be it Arlington or another miles away. I live a couple of blocks from your prospective condo, and I have a lot of thoughts and information about life here that I will gladly share with you. Please PM me so we can communicate more directly. I often get annoyed when I read responses to inquiries like yours because the posts usually say everything and nothing.

Posted on: 2008/3/22 3:19

Condo Arlington Ave By Garfield Ave Light Rail

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/31 13:09
Group:
Registered Users
Hi I was thinking about purchasing a condo on Arlington Ave Near the Garfield Ave Light Rail Station. I wanted to ask everyone if they have any experience in that area? Also i wanted to see what people though of that area. There are a few new condos there but the remaining street remains unchanged.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated

Posted on: 2008/3/22 1:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017