Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JCFD!!! is awesome!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
The police put up with way more bs, you cant compare the responsibilities JCFD to JCPD.

In defense of the JCPD, on wednesday I witnessed a vicious fight in broad daylight where one guy knocked out his opponent. very entertaining but this guy went nuts and started to call people out as they drove by. Before I could even get through to dispatch underrcovers had this clown against the wall. The response was under 5 minutes.

I think you have a good point about not comparing. It's not only the responsibilities that differ but the general dealings with the public.
I was talking to a cop I know about this several years ago over a few beers in the Park Tavern. He was a little drunk and a little bitter about it. He kept saying, not without envy, " Everyone loves a fireman" - and he was right. Fireman do nothing but help people. Cops, on the other hand, send people to jail. They even sometimes annoy generally law abiding people by giving them tickets. The cop was saying that's it's not easy being seen as the bad guy so often, even when you know you are doing the right thing. Fireman get nothing but thanks for what they do, and they hear things like, " Oh, God bless you for saving my kitten". Cops have to hear things like, " You mother****er", as they cart away someone's brother or son.

I definitely see everyone's point about the lack of professionalism by the JCPD, but I thought I'd give a little feedback from an actual JC cop about the subject.

Posted on: 2008/3/28 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
The police put up with way more bs, you cant compare the responsibilities JCFD to JCPD.

In defense of the JCPD, on wednesday I witnessed a vicious fight in broad daylight where one guy knocked out his opponent. very entertaining but this guy went nuts and started to call people out as they drove by. Before I could even get through to dispatch underrcovers had this clown against the wall. The response was under 5 minutes.

Posted on: 2008/3/27 23:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
several years ago the house acroos the street burned down, the fire must've raged for 3-4 hours before it was put out. I gotta say that i've never realized what Firefighters had to do to battle a fire. Awesome.

These guys are all heroes.

btw - JCPD has improved tremendously in the past 20 years.

Quote:

justin wrote:
This is nice to read. Sometimes these threads are very negative. And, thanks from my husband who is a JCFF and works very hard to keep you guys safe. And, yes, he's very cute. But, sorry, he's mine:o)

Yeah. It's very true. I tend to have a very bitter taste of the JCPD based on my past experiences 20 years ago. But, last January, someone broke into my apartment. And, I have to say that the officer was professional, prompt, courteaous, and spent a lot of time with us investigating. I was extremely pleased.....

Posted on: 2008/3/27 21:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/27 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
My Father, Uncle, and Cousin are all JC Firefighters.. I recently moved back here from Forked River and It's comforting to know that our first responders most definately do their jobs well!

Posted on: 2008/3/6 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
several years ago the house acroos the street burned down, the fire must've raged for 3-4 hours before it was put out. I gotta say that i've never realized what Firefighters had to do to battle a fire. Awesome.

These guys are all heroes.

btw - JCPD has improved tremendously in the past 20 years.

Quote:

justin wrote:
This is nice to read. Sometimes these threads are very negative. And, thanks from my husband who is a JCFF and works very hard to keep you guys safe. And, yes, he's very cute. But, sorry, he's mine:o)

Posted on: 2008/3/6 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
And they got exxxellennt benefits........

Posted on: 2008/3/5 3:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/3/4 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The fire dept IS great. However, if they had to enforce the law, you would probably feel the same abt. them as you do abt. the JCPD. It's not an easy task to put up with the "stuff" the must deal with day in an day out.

Gimme a break. Dealing with "stuff" is what they sign up for when they become cops. That would be like a fire fighter saying, he or she doesn't want to deal with a raging fire because it's too hot, or a doctor not wanting to deal with sick people.

I have to agree, JCPD is pretty useless. They refuse to respond when residents call to complain about the open drug dealing on Wayne Street. Once, when there was a robbery in my building, the cops came and lectured us for failing to research neighborhoods before moving to JC (and this is downtown JC, for fark's sake). One cop, who said he lives in Monmouth County, even bragged to his partner that "you'd never catch me living in Jersey City." WTF?!? They were basically saying we deserved to be robbed for living here. They wouldn't even come when another neighbor reported a break-in. They told her to go to the station to file a report. And I never once saw any of those cops standing on Columbus Drive when Grove Pointe and 50 Columbus were under construction so much as help a little old lady cross a busy intersection. When I lived in NYC, I'd hear an argument downstairs getting heated and possibly turning violent, call 911, and NYPD would be there within 5 mins. From what I've read on another thread, JCPD will tear you a new one for calling in a domestic disturbance.

JCFD, on the other hand, turned up within 4 mins when the fire alarm malfunctioned at Synergy and they couldn't deactivate it quickly enough. I say kudos to JCFD; it's about the only city department where I feel I'm getting my money's worth as a taxpayer.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 22:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/24 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
It is truly unfortunate that you feel this way abt. the JCPD.
The fire dept IS great. However, if they had to enforce the law, you would probably feel the same abt. them as you do abt. the JCPD. It's not an easy task to put up with the "stuff" the must deal with day in an day out.
Do you really think the PD is filled with degenerates. Please qualify the statement. Why do you have such an opinion?

Posted on: 2008/3/1 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
A few weeks ago we had a fire, not at our house but at the house next to ours. We had to evacuate too, because of the smell of smoke (and because fire could spread.)

When we woke up and went outside, the JCFD was already there, doing their job. They were awesome.

We had called the firehouse to see if we could send anything - a basket of cookies maybe - and where and what shift would be the best. They said they'd rather we put our thanks down in a letter to the chief, so that's what we did.

I agree with everyone else on here, they're fabulous, and their response time is amazing.

Thanks JCFD!

Posted on: 2008/3/1 15:03
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I've always been impressed with the JCFD. We had a flood in our basement when we lived in the Heights. It was during a huge spring rain - everyone on the street got hit. They responded to our call for help in a flash, helped make sure our home was safe from electrical fire, and really were great. I think they're a good bunch, too.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 4:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/16 22:10
Group:
Registered Users
and they are super nice! I walk by the station on Marin and they always invite my son to look at the trucks, give him a hat and a sucker. They are so sweet! (and cute!)

Posted on: 2008/3/1 3:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Absolutely ----- JCFD is top notch ---- professional, courteous, proud, and diligent.

Now, when you look at the many degenerates in the JCPD, it's ironic that both organizations generally draw from the same demographic group of cohorts in the population at-large.

+1

Though I've never had to call them *knock wood*, they've ALWAYS responded quickly and handled the situation professionally for my neighbors.

Kudos!

Posted on: 2008/2/29 15:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Absolutely ----- JCFD is top notch ---- professional, courteous, proud, and diligent.

Now, when you look at the many degenerates in the JCPD, it's ironic that both organizations generally draw from the same demographic group of cohorts in the population at-large.

Posted on: 2008/2/29 14:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 18:24
Group:
Registered Users
The JC fire department has always been among the best there is. With all the attached housing and condensed population, they have to be. They're professional, take great pride in their role, and get the job done every time. I've lived here forever and there has never been a negative incident involving their work.

(Note: I'm not a fire fighter nor am I related to any.)

Posted on: 2008/2/29 13:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/19 10:30
Group:
Registered Users
I thought there was definitely an emergency with a response like that. They showed up in force. kudos to the FD.

Posted on: 2008/2/29 13:43

JCFD!!! is awesome!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
my building on sussex just had a fire alarm go off... within minutes there were 5 trucks and a support vehicle. apparently it had to do with one of the boilers. but they were awesome and i just wanted to commend them for a job well done!

Posted on: 2008/2/29 3:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017